Steampunk material

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

A long while back someone posted a place where they bought the bags of small brass and copper pieces used to make steampunk pens and stuff. Not watch stuff. I can't find the post. If memory serves me it was a model making website. Anyone know

Kent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

You might try HobbyTown in Kennesaw. They would have stuff in the model railroading area.

Also, they carry small brass and copper tubing.

reddwil

Thanks Guys, I'm not looking for watch part stuff, I have pounds of that stuff. What Im looking for is the small brass and copper fittings and rods. I spoke with SI90 and he gave me some suggestions. Most of what he uses in his pens is stuff he has salvaged from other finds. What im mainly looking for is the miniature portholes and gauges used in model building. I have a customer who asked me to build him some steampunk zippo lighters like the ones in the pictures

Attachments

• 5a66ec56c74f039cc8e9fe5a93ac478e.jpg
    5a66ec56c74f039cc8e9fe5a93ac478e.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 128
  • il_570xN.254436070.jpg
    il_570xN.254436070.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 137

dogcatcher

Look at the knife on this link. Pocket Watch knife

The "parts" that are on the handle are actually engraved on the knife bolster. Basically carved in metal. The lighters are nice, but I would guess that the stuff is soldered on to the lighter's case. Have you ever soldered anything like that? That soldering is a learned art in itself.

reddwil

Look at the knife on this link. Pocket Watch knife

The "parts" that are on the handle are actually engraved on the knife bolster. Basically carved in metal. The lighters are nice, but I would guess that the stuff is soldered on to the lighter's case. Have you ever soldered anything like that? That soldering is a learned art in itself.

Yep it can be tough, but I do know how. Brass on brass and all sorts of mixed metals. Just never on a lighter case. One trick I learned from a jewelry maker several years back was using silver solder paste. Simplifies the process a lot.

Top Bottom