Stay safe!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

It is currently -23 where I live - we might get up to -21 by this afternoon. The forecast is calling for 46 by Monday. Got to like a 70 degree temperature shift in 5 days. Feel for all those that have to work outside like first responders.

cjester

It is currently -23 where I live - we might get up to -21 by this afternoon. The forecast is calling for 46 by Monday. Got to like a 70 degree temperature shift in 5 days. Feel for all those that have to work outside like first responders.

I'm an hour north of you. 40's and rain is a little worrisome, given that we have a couple feet of snow. Hope everybody's sump pumps hold out. That's going to be a lot of water.

Terredax

Banned
. -49 here, and I've had to thaw the hot water line in the kitchen this morning, and just now had to do the cold water line. This cold is supposed to last through tomorrow.

Curly

Turn on the taps enough so they constantly drip and that should keep them from freezing. Better also be aware that outside taps are at risk of freezing too but you may not find out until they thaw. :eek:

Herb G

It's 25*F here right now, but the wind chill is below zero.
I have a friend who lives in Minnesota & the WC there is -63*F right now.
It's so cold there, they pulled the snow plows off the road in case someone breaks down.
They would freeze to death by the time they got help out to them.

greenacres2

We're at -16 now, up from -23 this morning. Plus the wind has been at 15+ mph all day. No idea what the wind chill is--cold without. Like Mike, very grateful for an employer who chose to shut down for the day. Birds have been very active at the feeders--must be burning some serious calories!!
earl

Woodchipper

zero degrees in Ky. Negative 26 with wind chill
Winter 76/77, Louisville had over a month that it never got above zero. An old gent in my church told of an enterprising fellow back in the 20s that opened a saloon in a tent on the frozen Ohio River.
Cincinnati, OH- January, 1982- minus 41 with wind chill of minus 61.
To me everyone south of Knoxville, TN should live up north one winter to see what cold is really like.

dpstudios

zero degrees in Ky. Negative 26 with wind chill
Winter 76/77, Louisville had over a month that it never got above zero. An old gent in my church told of an enterprising fellow back in the 20s that opened a saloon in a tent on the frozen Ohio River.
Cincinnati, OH- January, 1982- minus 41 with wind chill of minus 61.
To me everyone south of Knoxville, TN should live up north one winter to see what cold is really like.

Been there, done that. I grew up in Michigan on Lake Michigan. Never again.:) Woke up to a balmy 37 this morning, 48 right now. that is down right cold for this neck of the swamp.
Good luck to you all up north and please stay safe.

Woodchipper

Lived in a bunch of places, north and south. You adapt to the weather. My wife watches the show, Life Below Zero. Too far from O'Charley's free pie night!

Top Bottom