Statesman Dis-Assembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

melogic

Has anyone ever dis-assembled a Statesman? If so, how do you do it effectively? I have a Statesman (my own) that I need to take apart so I can turn the wood off of it and put another wood on it. I have used my Statesman every day for the past year and a half or so and I work in a Steel mill. It has fallen out of my shirt pocket on several occassions and on a couple it was at least 2 stories that it fell onto a rail for a rail car or on a concrete floor. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. If not, I'm sure I can figure it out on my own, but I always look here for pointers first. Spoiled I guess! ;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Mark, if you have that set of harbor freight punches, it has every size you need. You can pop the back pen cap out first, the get a bigger punch and knock out the nib bushing. You then can knock off the cap/clip, you might pop off the little stamped trim, but you can glue that back in. The hard part will be taking out the nylon thread bushing. That ussually doesn't happen, maybe about 50% of the time that will come out in one piece. If it doesn't come out, you still can cut a top cap and glue it on after the fact. Hope this helps. BTW those puches are really cheap for about 20 of them.

bdar

Hi Mark,

Had to dis assemble one similar did not have a set of punches but turn some out of blue gum got the clip and cap off held the barrel in my hand slid the turned piece down the tube took a few minutes of good tapping but I got the nylon thread bushing out.

Cheers

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom