Spring time Honey Doo list

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

My wife started the Spring time honey doo list, I am trying to figure out how to get HALF the list finished and still be able to go camping once or twice this summer (just Friday afternoon through Sunday noon), a week trip to FL/GA. So has anyone turned a time travel device so I can maybe go back in time a dozen times to get the 1 day jobs knocked off? I know my daughter is 6 is she too young to paint the trim on the house? LOL:yin-yang:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
OMG... I can relate.... We are looking to trade up to a bigger house (and SHOP!!!) and every task I compete seems to spawn 2 more.

In the mean time my shop and other time has been 0 for the last two weeks. So when you get that time machine please share!

low_48

Just got my first honey do list in 39.5 years of marriage. I don't know if it is from my procrastination, or because she was forced into early retirement when her job was eliminated. She is now working 20 hours a week on a part time job, but is home the other days. Some of the items on the list are BIG! Remodel bathroom, new picture window, sand floor, new countertop, tile backsplash, etc............ I have to check to see if she dated the list, maybe she will just reissue it each spring. Hope springs eternal.

ren-lathe

Since I have been very ill since January this is the first time in the 33 years we have been married I do not have a list. Usually it is longer than my arm. I am sure when I am better it will be back twice as long:eek:

edicehouse

The person that said it was also written on the back, have you seen the notebook she tore that 1 page from? Also guys that have them as long as their arms, don't forget you have 2 arms (more than likely).

Haynie

I bought some supplies to make fun stuff with. When those supplies were seen in the back of "her" van I got a look with raised eye brows followed by "When are you going to have time to do this with all the stuff I need you to do". Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my wife, and literally lust after the ground she treads upon but

COME ON!!!:curse: I WILL NO LONGER BE OPPRESSED!

It is time for us to stand up to this oppression. Rise up! Who is with me? No more will our free time be sucked away by "THE LIST" No more will our shop time be taken by "Honey can you..."! No more will we suffer "the glare" as we gayly attempt to head for our caves!

Yeah I know....never happen. :redface::beat-up:

edicehouse

I bought some supplies to make fun stuff with. When those supplies were seen in the back of "her" van I got a look with raised eye brows followed by "When are you going to have time to do this with all the stuff I need you to do". Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my wife, and literally lust after the ground she treads upon but

It is time for us to stand up to this oppression. Rise up! Who is with me? No more will our free time be sucked away by "THE LIST" No more will our shop time be taken by "Honey can you..."! No more will we suffer "the glare" as we gayly attempt to head for our caves!

nomaam2.jpg

nmname.gif

http://www.eebell.net/mwc/nomaam.mp3 The song!

jcm71

My wife told me last week that this summer we have to change the carpet in our bedroom. I don't think it's going to stop there.

ren-lathe

My wife told me last week that this summer we have to change the carpet in our bedroom. I don't think it's going to stop there.

Careful! what happened to a friend of mine. After the carpet was changed, the drapes were not right, then the couch & chair clashed. I seem to remember something about wall paper. It was a very expensive carpet change.:eek:

ctubbs

Oh ye of youth! My Pappy had it figured out way back. Mammy was convenience he was deaf as a stump, but I know he could hear a pin drop from 50' away when he wanted to. If he could ever get his eyes turned away from her sight, he would just get that grin on his face and go right off where he was headed with Mammy fussing about his deafness. All of us that knew called it "Pappy's selective deafness" and Mammy never knew. Yes, I have developed the same 'affliction' and no, Doris has no need to know.
Charles

Rounder

Well, I have been married 37 years and this is the first I ever heard about the END of a honey dooooooooooooooo list. So there is actually an end to those things? WAIT TILL MY WIFE HEARS THAT. It will be one of the best jokes she ever heard!!!

jcm71

Careful! what happened to a friend of mine. After the carpet was changed, the drapes were not right, then the couch & chair clashed. I seem to remember something about wall paper. It was a very expensive carpet change.:eek:

Exactly. Told my son about this, and he started laughing. I remarked, " I'm screwed, aren't I?" He responded, "Yep"

jd99

What the heck you guys only have a Honey Do List?????????????

Heck I have a Honey Do manuscript. :mad:

I should be finished with it in about 125 years. :frown:.

I have to sneak out and say I'm going some place, close the garage door, to work on Pens...:rolleyes:

USNR'03

Love the rant, and the final honesty!!

edicehouse

My grandfather gave me advice as to why we do the honey do list.... The money she has is "hers" the money you make is "ours" So you might get an allowance and you have to figure out how to justify things you want to benefit "us". So they controll 90% of the money and 100% of the .....(keeping it clean).....

snyiper

My Honey-Do list looks like the one book!!! I pledge to do one thing on the list a year!!! I know it will never end.

GoodTurns

It is time for us to stand up to this oppression. Rise up! Who is with me? No more will our free time be sucked away by "THE LIST" No more will our shop time be taken by "Honey can you..."! No more will we suffer "the glare" as we gamely attempt to head for our caves!

good luck with that....got my list last night...what really sucks is that for years I have told her "make me a list, you know I can't remember anything"...she finally did...and she remembers EVERYTHING

edicehouse

It is time for us to stand up to this oppression. Rise up! Who is with me? No more will our free time be sucked away by "THE LIST" No more will our shop time be taken by "Honey can you..."! No more will we suffer "the glare" as we gamely attempt to head for our caves!

good luck with that....got my list last night...what really sucks is that for years I have told her "make me a list, you know I can't remember anything"...she finally did...and she remembers EVERYTHING

You going to finally hand that peace black light tie dyed tapestry and install the shag carpeting? Oh and the beads in the door way?

gimpy

Well, once the swelling goes down from your eyes, you'll be able to see again, it takes aboout 3 - 4 days:)

Top Bottom