Spirit lifter for Duke Grad

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
My cousin is recovering from pancreatic cancer surgery, and I would like to make some turnings that would remind happier days like when she was a student at Duke. I have been given the impression that there are many Magnolias on campus there but what little I have read suggests that the non-spalted stuff is pretty bland.

Does anyone who is familiar with the Duke campus have any suggestions for something that would evoke fond memories of the campus?

DocStram

Originally posted by holmqer

My cousin is recovering from pancreatic cancer surgery, and I would like to make some turnings that would remind happier days like when she was a student at Duke. I have been given the impression that there are many Magnolias on campus there but what little I have read suggests that the non-spalted stuff is pretty bland.

Does anyone who is familiar with the Duke campus have any suggestions for something that would evoke fond memories of the campus?

I'm a big fan of turning Magnolias for bowls. I like the simplicity of the while wood . . . even more so when I find Magnolia with a little purple tint.

Top Bottom