A special thank you to CaptG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SuperDave

Some time back, I shared that someone had removed a special pen from my home. It was my PITH Exchange from Gary Nicholls (CaptG) and the centerpiece to my modest collection.

When Gary learned what happened, he made a duplicate, right down to the replacement nib and leather pouch, and presented it to me this past week. Included was a bottle of Private Reserve Velvet Black from Anthony, and "encouragement" to actually use the pen this time around! To say I was humbled is an understatement. And it will get used... :)

I know that Gary is not seeking any recognition from his generosity, but I am compelled to share his selfless act of kindness so the rest of the IAP family can be encouraged by yet another member that puts other members first. I also want to shout out to "Fuji Hakayito", as I know your actions were also involved and not the least unnoticed.

It was not my intention to gain anything from the post, but to share my disappointment in what had happened. What Gary did will remain with me forever and be a lesson that bears repeating as needs arise.

Thank you Gary for your kind generosity and your friendship. May God heap blessings on you and yours.

Dave

DocStram

The ol' "somebody stole my PITH pen" line. Like we haven't heard that story at least a hundred times! :wink:

On a serious note, we all felt your pain, Super. It was great of Gary to step up to the plate to help a friend out. He obviously knew how much you cherished that pen. We need more people like him on the planet.

As for Fuji and SuperDave ..... Who could forget the SuperDave Compound. Gawd that was hilarious stuff, wasn't it? Did you know that Albert Brooks is SuperDave's younger brother?

Ever see Super attempt to jump from the C.N. Tower?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvP-7PnN3PQ

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm glad that worked out for you Dave . Capt . G and all these members here are the greatest people . I came here to learn about making pens about ten months ago , and I have indeed learned so much . But , it's things like this , that really get my attention . Lots of big hearts around here . That's cool !

Top Bottom