Speaking of Mail

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtparso

I was mailing a package today and was reminded that I could mail all I could stuff in a Priority Envelope for $3.85 of so. I mailed some wood out using the VCR tape boxes and it cost me about $6. I could have stuffed the whole box in the envelope. Thanks to the nice mail lady (no jokes please it is a family site) I will save money NEXT time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lkorn

Ron,
Most of us have been stuffing the VCR boxes into a Priority Envelope for awhile. Some here have had problems if they used strapping tape as an extra seal on the envelope or box. I asked at my PO before I did, and had no difficulty. So ENVELOPE AWAY[8D][8D][8D]

Ron Mc

Ron,
Thanks for the info!! I was wondering why some of my packages showed up like that. Now I know. Nothing like wasting money on postage all this time.[:(]

JimGo

Not to rehash the topic, but my local PO said that you could use packing tape to help protect those little flaps at the side of the envelope so they don't catch on the machinery. Considering that I only have trouble with the adhesive on the ends anyway, that's usually good enough for me!

Dario

My local PO won't allow me to put any tape outside. I've seen them void the flat rate on others due to it.

That said I always recieve packages from BB with tapes outside the envelope.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Dario
<br />My local PO won't allow me to put any tape outside. I've seen them void the flat rate on others due to it.

That's a local thing and they are wrong. If you want to look up USPS regulations, all it says about the flat rate envelopes is that they must be able to close with the built-in sticky flap thingy. If it won't reach, you have overstuffed and they can refuse.

smoky10

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />
<br />My local PO won't allow me to put any tape outside. I've seen them void the flat rate on others due to it.

That's a local thing and they are wrong. If you want to look up USPS regulations, all it says about the flat rate envelopes is that they must be able to close with the built-in sticky flap thingy. If it won't reach, you have overstuffed and they can refuse.
My local PO will actually tape it for me, the flap and the seams.

Randy_

As I understand it, the USPS regulations only permit extra tape to be placed over the flap that closes the envelope. But each PO is sort of its own little feifdom and whatever the local postmaster allows is what you get. Some POs have been reported to refuse to accept any enveloppes that are stuffed as they interpret the UsPS regs to mean that the envelopes are for flat materials only like papers, letters, thin books, circular saw blades and the like.

Jim Boyd

Everything I've ever got from BB needs a jack hammer to open[:D] Well packed and not a chance of opening in transit[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom