Spalt and Cheese

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I snapped a couple of photos of some of the wood I picked up Saturday.

The first one is of a couple of smaller spalted pieces and the second is the large spalted piece next to the curly Maple piece.

One of the smaller pieces will become a cheese board with a slicer and cracker tray.

1w1MNk9.jpg

RJTA7AV.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice. Would you be willing to share the lumberyard? Others may want to give them some business. Good for them, and no cost to you.

Terredax

Banned
Wible's.
I don't know if they ship, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm sure if they do, the shipping would probably make it more costly than getting it locally.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wible's.
I don't know if they ship, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm sure if they do, the shipping would probably make it more costly than getting it locally.

I visit two son's in Chicago, so this is helpful. I would pass by very closely. Thank you.

Terredax

Banned
I visit two son's in Chicago, so this is helpful. I would pass by very closely. Thank you.

You're welcome.
Just bring a truck and a credit card. They said their stock changes frequently, so you might find something special to you.
Check the cut-off bins. There is a lot of variety.

I'm going back to get some of the birds eye for French doors for my daughters dining room. She will be surprised.

I asked them and they do deliver.

MiteyF

I've got a few big pieces of spalted maple, that have some very punky spots like yours appears to. Do you have a favorite product to stabilize?

Terredax

Banned
I've got a few big pieces of spalted maple, that have some very punky spots like yours appears to. Do you have a favorite product to stabilize?

There aren't any punky spots, it's very solid. I'm going to do a finish plane and cut to shape before adding a finish.

I think I'll make a keepsake box from the curly Maple, and do an inlay on the lid with a piece of the spalted. Maybe splined corners.

Top Bottom