SOYP catagory revisited

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I know I am not liked on this site and that probably had a lot to do with it but it makes one shake their head. :rolleyes:

I like you John! :wink:

I appreciate you trying to make this site better for us all! :good:

We all need to try to not react to posts like Bob's. He jumped all over your well-intentioned original post in an inappropriate way. Maybe he was having a bad day or some other stress had him at his limit. Dan was trying to make a valid point but then went too far using an accusatory example which is unverifiable, thus inviting a retort. A tempered response so as to not escalate the emotions is the best course. It's not giving in or being passive to be a peacekeeper. It's wisdom.

We should all remember that the personal side of interchanges like this should be taken off line and not exercised in the public forum so that others are not incited and the reason for the post is lost.

Have great day!
Originally Posted by bobleibo
Absolutely 100% OPPOSED ....... we already hold contests twice a year with the Birthday Bash and Summer Extravaganza? How many more do we need to "qualify" for another way ?
Sorry for the long winded explanation

I guess I'm not too certain as to how you take that as jumping all over JT....It speaks only to the idea and states why....Nothing personal at all.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I know I am not liked on this site and that probably had a lot to do with it but it makes one shake their head. :rolleyes:

We all need to try to not react to posts like Bob's. He jumped all over your well-intentioned original post in an inappropriate way. Maybe he was having a bad day or some other stress had him at his limit. Dan was trying to make a valid point but then went too far using an accusatory example which is unverifiable, thus inviting a retort. A tempered response so as to not escalate the emotions is the best course. It's not giving in or being passive to be a peacekeeper. It's wisdom.

We should all remember that the personal side of interchanges like this should be taken off line and not exercised in the public forum so that others are not incited and the reason for the post is lost.

Have great day!
Absolutely 100% OPPOSED ....... we already hold contests twice a year with the Birthday Bash and Summer Extravaganza? How many more do we need to "qualify" for another way ?

I guess I'm not too certain as to how you take that as jumping all over JT....It speaks only to the idea and states why....Nothing personal at all.

Let it go.It is over with. All you naysayers lost anyway. If it wasn't me it was going to be someone else. A form of what I tried to do is being tried. Lets embrace it and move on. I know the score here. I have been here long enough.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Have great day!

Let it go.It is over with. All you naysayers lost anyway. If it wasn't me it was going to be someone else. A form of what I tried to do is being tried. Lets embrace it and move on. I know the score here. I have been here long enough.
You really should learn to post without getting personal, and accusatory JT.

jttheclockman

Have great day!

You really should learn to post without getting personal, and accusatory JT.

delete

Last edited:

Scollins

Have great day!

Very interesting. This seems to be the most publicly personal attack in this entire thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom