Soup Day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

I work in an office, and they know I hunt, well at least I like going in the woods to get some peace and quiet. Well anyways a few have hinted and downright asked when I was going to bring in some deer stew. Well I have a few times and some argue that it isn't deer meat, because they don't like deer meat.

But the worst thing is smelling it all morning, I put the veggies in this morning before I left the house, and man I am hungry.

What is your go to dish to bring to events?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I always get asked to bring bit sized chunks of chicken dridged in brown sugar and cayanne wrapped in bacon. Works well with deer also, the deer is better cooked on a grill.

Mike

Skie_M

Any time I go somewhere with any kind of beef, chicken, or pork teriyaki ... it always disappears when I turn my back. Strangely enough, even when I take it somewhere as jerky .... whoops! all gone!

MTViper

When I was in Montana, I learned that there are 2 organizations whose initials are PETA - there's the one you're all familiar with who want to stop all hunting and fishing and then there's the other one - People Eating Tasty Animals. Guess which one I joined?

Skie_M

Gotta watch out for that "Flat Fish" virus .... if your computer gets infected by it, it starts to fill up your PC with dead fish. It does this on porpoise, and sometimes just for the halibut.

flyitfast

Being from Texas, a big pot of Texas Red (no beans!) always means coming home with an empty pot!! I use about 6 lbs of stew meat or brisket if that helps to know how big the pot has to be...... :eek:
Wife's deviled eggs also means coming home with an empty platter.

I'm hungry too!!!
Gordon

leehljp

Member Liaison
SEE-Food!

I love the taste of well prepared food from all across the USA, and all outside the USA.

Grew up on grits, bacon, beef, rice, potatoes and sweet potatoes, peas (southern) cabbage and greens, and cornbread (not the sweet kind either) and then learned to love the taste of foods of the world. I love all of it, but my favorite is cajun! but I miss my REAL Japanese foods!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Being from Texas, a big pot of Texas Red (no beans!) always means coming home with an empty pot!! I use about 6 lbs of stew meat or brisket if that helps to know how big the pot has to be...... :eek:

I'm hungry too!!!
Gordon

Yup! Texas Red is my go-to. I follow a Paul Prudhomme recipe. Its always better the second day.

flyitfast

I'm hungry too!!!
Gordon

Yup! Texas Red is my go-to. I follow a Paul Prudhomme recipe. Its always better the second day.

I wish mine would last to a second day so I could see if it still tastes good!!!! :biggrin:
My recipe is a journey - it has evolved after making it thru a few cook-offs.
Someday we will have to have our own little cook-off!!!!!!!

stonepecker

I'm hungry too!!!
Gordon

I wish mine would last to a second day so I could see if it still tastes good!!!! :biggrin:

Sounds like a plan Gordon.
I believe you should be the one we send our recipes to and you design this cook book. Send it to jeff and he prints them for sale during the bash. 2017 might be to late but there is always the next one.

Wonderful of you to run with this idea. I am proud of you Gordon. :biggrin:

flyitfast

Huh?? What just happened?? :eek:

What kind of cookbook are you thinking of? A Chili recipe book - a Soup recipe book - or??

Whatever, I guess being the "Julia Child" of IAP would be interesting!!

I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, but it is worth discussing after Christmas.

Let me know what kind of recipe collection you are interested in and to everyone, start getting your recipes "penned".

Jeff, your ideas??

Gordon

I'm hungry too!!!
Gordon

Sounds like a plan Gordon.
I believe you should be the one we send our recipes to and you design this cook book. Send it to jeff and he prints them for sale during the bash. 2017 might be to late but there is always the next one.

Wonderful of you to run with this idea. I am proud of you Gordon. :biggrin:

Top Bottom