SOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOS!!!!!!!!!!!! Deer calls!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

I need HELP from some one that has done a deer call before!!!!!!!!!! I purchased the starter kit containing the pieces necessary for turning game calls on the mandrel and I purchased the deer call package, but not having done one I do not understand the directions!!!!!!! What is the expanding plastic tube for????????????? The deer kit is different than the duck call!!!! If someone has a picture of a finished DEER Call and they could post it PLEASE HELP!!!! I am having my family Christmas get together this Sunday the 18th. and I need to get the stupid thing done. I just assumed it was the same as a duck call. I am going to try to find time to call Craft Supplies today and see if they can talk me through what the pieces are for but if someone has a picture it would really be a help!! Thanks Alice, Elody21

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DWK5150

The flexible tube goes on at the end of the call. I dont have a pic right now cause Im at work but when I get home I will try and find one.

Rifleman1776

I make lots of call, duck, deer, whatever. They end up looking like whatever you make them to look like. The tube (assuming it is from HUT) is a poor excuse for an expansion tube that is often used for deer, elk and other big game calls. It does resonate the sound and deepens it. To fit, just turn a tenon on the end for the plastic tube to fit over. I don't do it and don't provide the tubes when i sell them. My tubes go in the trash. I prefer to adjust the sound and tone with my hand and instruct customers similarly. But, of course, you will occasionally find a hunter that really wants the tube. Those customers are lost to me, it's a choice I made. Maybe one day, I'll find a source for a really good material to make a better (larger and longer) tube. But for now, circular file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom