Songs you just got wrong

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

I was working with a friend the other day and a car drove by playing AC/DC's "dirty deeds" on the radio. I heard him kinda mumble along with it "dirty deeds, thunder cheeks!".

After I stopped laughing at him, I remembered that years ago I didn't understand what they were saying either, I thought it was some weird british humor "dirty deeds, dunder geeks"

Then there's Credence Clearwater "there's a bathroom on the right" (a bad moon on the rise).

Dwight Yokum had a song called "A thousand miles from nowhere" and at one point he says "I have echoes in my head", it sounded to me like he was saying "I have pickles in my head".

Did you ever goof a song like that?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
*singing along, as loud as possible, with a sentimental and seductive glint in the eye, to a popular 'Journey' song*

"So now I commmme to youuuuu, with broken ahhhrmsss...Nothing so highhhh...I mean what I sayyyyyy..."

For the longest time, I never understood why the wife didn't melt when I sang that...

txbatons

Those are great! One of my students gave me a desk calendar that had a different misheard rock lyric for every day of the year!

Related, there's an hysterical YouTube video of misheard Carmina Burana lyrics - just search YouTube for "misheard lyrics: Oh, four tuna" - it's very funny!

:D

Years ago when working on a building, an ironworker had wrote the lyric 'I'm walking on sunshine' on a steel girter over fity feet up!Funny how something like that stays with you, pretty cool:D

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
There is atually a word for these misheard lyrics. They are called mondegreens. The term "mondegreen" was coined by Sylvia Wright in a 1954 Atlantic article. As a child, young Sylvia had listened to a folk song that included the lines "They had slain the Earl of Moray/And Lady Mondegreen." As is customary with misheard lyrics, she didn't realize her mistake for years. The song was not about the tragic fate of Lady Mondegreen, but rather, the continuing plight of the good earl: "They had slain the Earl of Moray/And laid him on the green."

redfishsc

I though that was a Michael Jackson Song[}:)]

I was a kid when Jacko's "Billy Jean is not my lover" came out, and I thought he was saying "Billy Jean is not my mother" which was REALLY weirdo to me because I had never, at the time, met a girl named Billy, so I thought Billy Jean was a guy.

Apparently I was a prophet and didn't know it[B)].

jughead

My youngest son was singing along with AC/DC TNT and his lyrics was..........

Lock up your donuts
Lock up your wife
Lock up your fat dog
and run for your life

redfishsc

Originally posted by jughead

My youngest son was singing along with AC/DC TNT and his lyrics was..........

Lock up your donuts
Lock up your wife
Lock up your fat dog
and run for your life

Sounds to me like Officer Wiggum is on the patrol!

Someone a while back, maybe on this forum, said that they overheard their kid in the car singing that Alabama tune "If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band"

His interpretation was cute--- "If you're gonna pay your taxes, you gotta have a little in the bank".

Unfortunately, I learned that truth VERY MUCH the hard way this year![V]..........:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Top Bottom