Something odd happened to me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I have finished exactly two pens.

I do not sell pens or indicate that I do.
I do not have, or ever have had, a website.

I have received a couple of messages here and several emails asking about the pens I sell on the website.
I responded to both the messages and the emails and let them know that I do not sell pens or have a website to sell pens, and they must have me confused with someone else.

That's when I received several very rude emails.
I have no idea what pens they are speaking of, what website, or how they even got my email address. I can understand the messages on here, since I've shown both of my pens here, but how would that correlate to my email or even know that email is associated with someone that has made pens?

Has anyone had something similar happen to them? It seems a bit weird.
I don't read the emails now, I just delete them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

There are laws against such harassment. . Record the name, date, and time of such messages and report to an administrator of this site.

Terredax

Banned
I'm not concerned with any legalities or the headaches that go along with it.
I can just delete the emails, but I found it kind of odd since I don't sell pens.

And even after explaining this to them, they get rude. It's not my fault they contacted me and I don't have what they are enquiring about.

Hopefully they find the person they are looking for.

Terredax

Banned
John, not sure how they would get your email address, but beware of those, could be scammers. I do recall you mentioning the potential of selling some of your awesome blanks in the past, but not your pens.

I hadn't thought about that. I did sell all of my blanks, kits, lathe and all associated pen materials a while back. Most was to a few local people, but there were some things that were bought over the web. I checked the email address from the recent emails against all of the contacts from selling my stuff, and it doesn't match any of them.

I suppose it could be a scam. They were explicit and could be construed as potentially threatening. I'm not sure what they figured they would gain from such a negative email.

I would be interested to find out the connection between my email address and making pens. I just can't figure out how they are linked together.

donstephan

My guess would be off-shore scammers. Some even have gmail email addresses, but the less sophisticated have an East European country extension at the end of the email address.

At least one such email is received every week. The obvious ones I don't even open to reduce risk of a virus or other malware.

Top Bottom