Something for me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWK5150

Well been a long time since I have actually built something for me. Ive been working on this for a while now and Ive decided it will be my own when I get it finshed. I routed it out of a 1 piece block of 5A quilted maple. I dyed it with Transfast water soluble dyes. Put on a dark coat of black and lightly sanded it back when it dryied and then put on 4 coats of red water soluble dye to get the color you see here. Right now it is just in a sealer and when that cures for a bit I will put on 4 coats of a high build catalyzed polyurethane clear.

2005101852915_DSC00420.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Don, that's beautiful! But I'm a little unclear...where's the refill going to fit in there? And how did you get the funky arches with it spinning on the lathe? [:D]

Your staining REALLY did the wood justice; I'm impressed! Can't wait to see (and hopefully hear!) the finished product.

DWK5150

Well thanks everyone for the comments. Actually Im gonna try and do a matching pen and pencil set cause I had enough scrap left over when I cut it out to get a couple of half-blanks. Im not sure when Ill have it finished Im gonna do some new things with this one. Right now Im in the process of building my own pickup winder so I can start assemblying my own. So when I get a little further Ill put up an update for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom