something I did the other day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

Sunday I turned this and then wasn't happy with it so monday I did some modifications and added the lid. I'm not sure if the lid will stay with it or not. It is elm, red elm I think.

200612543920_elm-vase_no-foot_lid.jpg

Feel free to comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Very nice Kevin!

I am not sure which one will look better but I'll probably go without the lid. Either way, you've got a winner there [:)]

wayneis

I like it with the lid. I almost hate to say this but it reminds me of a cremation urn. Recently I had two requests to make containers for the remains of loved ones. From what I've been told what is provided is not very nice and to purchase something is very expensive, very very expensive. So I now have a new venture, I told both individuals to get me the measurements and I would make something nice for them.

Wayne

dubdrvrkev

Thanks everyone.
So it looks like I either need to cut threads in the lid so I can put ashes in it, or cut a notch in the lid for a honey dipper. [;)]

I actually wanted it to resemble a cremation urn. Believe it or not I have already considered that niche. Not sure how to go about marketing for it. Thats an odd situation for it. Maybe RTJW would have some input for that.

pete00

Howdy Kevin

Suggestion for marketing, just go to your local funeral parlor and chat with the boss man. I've had to cold call many a product, if you have something that can make them money or make them different than the competition, you'll have a sale.

You just need a couple different samples to show them.

pete

vick

I think we have crossed threads now [}:)]. I think most people would be suprised how big a full sized funeral urn is I believe it has to hold about 1 gallon. That takes quite a chunk of wood. I believe they also market smaller urn's for people to split up the ashes, you know the 4 kids all want a part of mom or dad to remember them by. I looked up and found a couple places that listed hand turned funeral urns and they were going for between $400 and $900.
I do not think I could turn a full sized urn on my mini, maybe I should get a DVR.[:p]

dubdrvrkev

Or you can come over and use mine... when it gets here[:(]
I know they are fairly large, I got an idea! You can do all your wild laminations and I'll turn them and we can split the profits. "Urns-r-us" hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom