Some Recent Statistics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
It has been a few months since I posted some statistics, so here you go...

In Feb 2006 we had:

178,426 visits to the site.
927,504 page views
30,412 article downloads
59.55 GB of outbound traffic
4,461,667 hits (every single thing the web server sends out)
50,678 requests by RSS readers

Search agents (Google, Yahoo, etc.) groped us 178,426 times.

Most first time visitors get here from a Yahoo or Google search

The top search keyphrases are; 'pen turners', 'pen making', 'pen makers guild', and 'how to make pens'

Our pictures were viewed 884,476 times (albums and posted photos)

The average visit was 9 min 19 sec. Doing a little rough math on the average stay and the number of visits says that visitors spent a total of 27745 hours here in February. That's 3.15 visitor-years!

Most popular article was "Building on the Basics" with 6199 downloads
Next most popular was the Pen World article with 3287 downloads.

639 new topics were started
6944 new postings were made
151 new members joined

Here's something worth noting; we had over 3000 unique visitors who were not members. (Well, they did not have a penturners.org cookie set - the could have been members who were logged out...) 151 of those visitors became members. So, we have a lot of non-members visiting this site looking at your beautiful work and reading your informative postings.

Thanks to you all, we've got a growing, thriving site here.

Scott G., if you're reading, can you believe this?? [:0]:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Jeff
I am not sure if you wanted or expected any replies; but being new to this site I just wanted to let you know. I was one of those people you talk about searching for info on turning and pen making and when I found this site my search was over. I became a member and have done nothing but admire those on here that post and share with others. It has made my efforts fun and entertaining. [:D][:)][:p]

Ligget

Jeff the statistics are a direct result of what work you and others have done in here, I look forward to sitting with a coffee in the evening and reading new posts.

This place is going from strength to strength due to the hard work going on behind the scenes!

Thank you![;)][:)]

Scott

Hi Jeff!

WOW! These numbers just blow me away! The one that really speaks to me is the average of 9 minutes 19 seconds per visit. On the Internet, that is an eternity! It tells me that when people visit, they are finding something here worth spending their time looking at! I have always believed the most important part of this whole effort was as a repository of penturning information - the pictures, the articles, the posts in the forum - everything!

Thanks Jeff, for keeping this dream alive! I hope it continues to be a worthwhile endeavor for you. I know it would have died before ever being born if not for you!

Scott.

timdaleiden

That is certainly an impressive set of stats. IMHO, this site would have never taken off as it did, if it were not for the all of the modifications you have implemented here. It is one of the most user friendly forums around. Great Job!

Trapshooter

I'm probably not the Scott G you are refering to, however, I can beleive it[:)]
I alway find these stats interesting, thanks for the excellent site.

Scott Gregory

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by timdaleiden
<br />That is certainly an impressive set of stats. IMHO, this site would have never taken off as it did, if it were not for the all of the modifications you have implemented here. It is one of the most user friendly forums around. Great Job!

It is the most user friendly site!!!! Only 9 minutes per visit?? I normally visit for about 10-15' in the morning and about 30' in the evening.

Spike

Originally posted by Rudy Vey
<br />
Originally posted by timdaleiden
<br />That is certainly an impressive set of stats. IMHO, this site would have never taken off as it did, if it were not for the all of the modifications you have implemented here. It is one of the most user friendly forums around. Great Job!

It is the most user friendly site!!!! Only 9 minutes per visit?? I normally visit for about 10-15' in the morning and about 30' in the evening.
yeah me too.

that is a lot of numbers.
i allways wondered how many people came here. thanks jeff keep up the good work.

woodwish

In addition to the great site I think it also speaks volumes about the members. This is one site that rarely has controversy or flamers. Occasionally some don't play real nice but they tend to get bored if they don't get enough attention and move on. I enjoy being able to learn and share, without someone hiding behind an anonymous keyboard attacking me like they try to do elseware. If we had a bottle and two glasses I would share a toast with you, Jeff, and everyone else could do the same with a glass of wine, bottle of beer, can of soda, cup of coffee, etc. [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom