So, Whatcha Listening to?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Rough week here. Church and Memorial service for my mom on Saturday, BASH Contest finished on Sunday, a tree ripped out power lines to my house 6 AM Monday, no electricity, water, heat, internet until 1 AM today (Wednesday), Wife, cat and I camped out in the one room with a fireplace for two days - house got down to 39 degrees.

But, power back on and I've been listening to some music while the house heats up.

So, Whatcha Listening To? Canadian Brass.
Amazing Grace.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

Wow, my prayers go out to you Mark! There's been a lot of bad weather in your area! Hope it all gets better my friend!

I usually click on my youtube link below and play it while I type. Lol

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
So I take it you have had better weeks? Again, I'm sorry about the loss of your Mother. Also, glad that you are all safe and sound. It's all down hill from here (I hope).

I use Pandora and listen to a shuffle of 4 different Blues stations with a smidge of classic rock thrown in.

Last edited:

KLJ

I listen to a local gospel station WGCR when I get to listen. They have music and preaching as well. You can listen to it on the internet at WGCR.Net they are having their once a year fund raiser this week so it is all live and you can watch it as well. Sorry to hear about all your troubles we will pray for you and family.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My condolences on the loss of your mom, Mark.

I'm sorry to hear about the other problems too, but it's good to hear that power is restored.

I listen to various Classic Rock streaming radio stations while I'm at work. My current station is "Bob Dylan Tracks".

Edgar

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well, we talk almost daily, and sorry brother!! But im currently listening to Blackberry Smoke and some Post Modern Jukebox. Winding down from dialysis.

greenacres2

Hoping that sweet memories will ease the sting in time...

Glad you got your power back on, 39 degrees is cold sleeping weather!!
earl

Woodchipper

Condolences regarding the loss of your mother.
I only listen to a local classical radio station. Got in the habit while studying in seminary.

Sounds like a very rough week Mark. Very sorry to hear about your mothers passing, it's always hard to lose a parent.
As a kid growing up I listened to a lot of Bagpipe records and always went to the concerts when the Black Watch were in town. I still listen to the pipes whenever I can and my favorite song is Amazing Grace, single piper or massed band.
I hope you're doing better and staying warm.

raar25

Sorry to hear about your mom. We had a scare recently with my mom who is 89 and I was reminded how precious those relationships are, so I wish you peace and very happy memories.

I usually just listen to CNN to remind myself its good to be me :-0 .

walshjp17

Condolences to you and your family over the loss of your mother.

It seems as though bad news or events seem to run in packs. Just after my wife's mother passed, my son was "cooking" in our kitchen and set the house afire. $80,000 in damages and apartment living for four months.

I can sympathize with your travails.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. All is well here.

Adjusting to a different set of priorities.

The shop has been patiently waiting and is there to help whenever needed and is warming up nicely.

Soon to get back to my projects:

1. IAP Estate Blank Sales
2. IAP Collection Displays
3. Assisting with IAP's support for the Visually Impaired Penturner Groups.
4. And some segmenting ideas that I have been stuck on.

I am very grateful for the IAP Family.

Paul in OKC

Sorry for your loss, and how much other life has happened in this short time! I generally go between a classic rock station, and a classical music station. And for good measure throw in Def Lepard 'Pyromania" CD :)

Top Bottom