So Far Been a Tough 2017

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MrPukaShell

2017 has been off to a rough start for me. My wife spent 6 days in the hospital with pneumonia 4 days in ICU and 2 more in the regular rooms. About the same time my Mom was admitted with COPD issues. Wife is doing better but lost my Mom after a 30 day stent in the hospital. Let me say that was a lesson in growing up. My mom's mind was fully functional with a memory that was much better than mine which made it hard for every one of her care takers. Even when the doctor came in on the last day and asked her if she had any questions about what was going to happen. She just thanked the doctor for treating her and reminded him that they fought a long hard battle. Then said, "Don't you have tomorrow off"? She even knew the doctors schedules, blew him away. She gained her angel wings last Friday with me and my sister at her side. In my heart I know she is in a better place with no more suffering. RIP mom I love you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RKB

So sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family during this very difficult time. Praying for peace and healing.

Rod

jttheclockman

Robert, I am so sorry for your loss. She is now with the Good Lord and can rest in peace now. It is tough times and when you start feeling down just think of all the good memories you have of her. I lost my Mom 1 year ago and things went down hill after I brought her into the hospital for a broken hip. So I have been there just too recently and the pain still hurts just as bad but I do think of all the good times we had and remembering growing up.

Condolences to you and your family. Take care of those around you and enjoy every minute. Life is way to short. Prayers to you and your family.

Bob in SF

Sincere condolences, Robert, and prayers for your family.

Your Mother sounds like a profoundly compassionate person - with a reach way beyond herself.

Hoping your wife rebounds quickly.

Keep the creative fire burning.

- Bob

If I were a wise man, which I'm obviously not, I would have some wise words of comfort to offer... I do know the feeling of loss you are experiencing... I lost my mom a few years back.... I do sincerely wish you peace and comfort knowing that your mom has ended her suffering but I also know that doesn't ease the sense of loss.

Best wishes also for your wife and continued healing... been there also.

MrPukaShell

Thank you all so much for the kind words, prayers and thoughts. My wife is on the mend and almost back to normal, at least that is what she says. I am making her wait till she sees the doctor before she gets back to her normal routine. Thanks again.

Top Bottom