Snowmageddon 2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fireengines

It sounds like the Northeast is going to get the snow storm of the century. For those of you, like myself, who are not in the mess, here is a great webcam that shows New York Harbor so you can watch the storm move in.

I would venture to guess the camera will freeze over when it hits. Are there any additional cameras out there?

NY Harbor Webcam - A New York Harbor Scenic and Cruise Ship Web Cam

The radio is VHF Marine but changes from time to time.

You can listen to the FDNY live:

Live Audio | Nycfire.net

Keep in mind, if they loose power this links will not work.

Any additional sites?

Good luck to our firends in the area!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

That Times square camera doesn't look too bad. The snow is not even up to the bottom of first story windows let alone approaching the second story. From the excited news coverage I've been seeing I half expected to see a 200 foot tall sheet of ice bearing down on Manhattan at the least. :eek:

No matter how much or how little, it is better to be looking at it through a webcam than a windshield.

Stay warm!

Ed

jttheclockman

Wish us luck. It started snowing here this afternoon. I am in that 2+ foot range. Will have to stay with my 91 year old Mom. Have been through this before but i was alot younger and in better shape. :) Wonder what happened there???:)

NittanyLion

Snowmageddon

Here's the campus of PSU around noon today out my office window.....not too much, maybe 5".

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 297

tbroye

We could sure use that out here even that much we haven't had a storm since before Christmas and now Ski resorts are closing or cutting. We had 7" of rain in December and nothing since, so the drought continues. Wen need the snow in the Sierras as that's what fill the lakes for our power and domestic use water during the year. Not good luck and be careful Easterners. Our Sacramento Kings and Portland Trailblazers were suppose to play the Knicks and Nets tonight games cancelled and the King are in Toronto for Wednesdays game and Portland has moved to their next game.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

What a joke!!!!! The weathermen sure got this one wrong. Stayed at Mom's house for 2 days and all we got was about 7" of snow. No blizzard at all. Got home this morning which is about 30 miles north we had about 3" of snow. These totals are a sneeze to what we are used to and last year we had over 3 feet of snow by now. At least all the stores made money. It always amazes me how the supermarkets make out in these predictions. I think they are paying off the weathermen. People think they will be stranded for days. There is 7-11 store just about on every corner.

Oh well spring can't get here fast enough for me.

Mortalis

Attachments

• 20150127_114501.jpg
    20150127_114501.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 182
  • 20150127_114607.jpg
    20150127_114607.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,022

jttheclockman

NJ didnt get hit all that bad because the storm came up from off shore and because L.I N.Y and Massachuisetts jut out into the ocean more we got slammed.
This is video I took at 6AM on Tuesday morning and the two other pics are what I am digging out of at 10AM.
http://vid141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Mortalis2/2015 Blizzard_zpssamkbfs1.mp4

Understood what happened and glad you are safe and it sure does make a lot of work. But to forecast that the way they did and every station reporting the same thing. It cost this state millions. Shutting of businesses to shutting major bridges and transportation and so on. To be that sure and then an oh well sorry. With today's technology. Most NJ residents don't believe the weatherman anyway and take it in stride but it was the way they forecast it that bugs the daylight out of me. They were so sure and did not even put in the possibilities of it moving out to sea. Bad job and no excuses.

Hope those that did get hit, fared well. Hope everything is OK.

Mortalis

@jttheclockman We had a similar happening last year. We got all the bluster from the weather people and when it all came down to it we ended up with somewhere near 2".

Here are a few more from this storm for those that may be curious. This is Wed clean up of the non essentials

Attachments

• DSC_0086.jpg
    DSC_0086.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0087.jpg
    DSC_0087.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0088.jpg
    DSC_0088.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0089.jpg
    DSC_0089.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 88

firewhatfire

It was 1 year ago today that Alabama was hit with a ice storm. It was no where near what they were getting, but it was devastating the amount of damage caused by it. Caught everyone by surprise.

jttheclockman

I have also been on the other side where they predicted nothing and got hammered. here in NJ that is more acceptable because we expect the worse. But the extent they went to is what was mind boggling. All the weather stations were apoligizing and making excuses and telling us scientific stuff. We can put man on the moon, we can make duct tape (the fix it all tape), but to get the weather somewhat close, heck roll the dice. I guess that is why Atlantic City was born. :)

Top Bottom