Snowflake, are you kidding me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Eldermike

The cop is wrong in parking there. I have disability and there is nothing more frustrating than having the space taken by a car with out the proper tag or placard. For sure they would write you a ticket. In my state it's it's a major fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

dogcatcher

If I pull up and there are no handicap spots, I park where they cannot move and call the police. In this case I think it would have been hilarious, but at my age, I don't really give a flip. It might have meant a night in county jail, but the police department would have had enough bad publicity it would never happen again. It is the benefit of being a 70 year disabled veteran.

Herb G

Around my neck of the woods, cops are not allowed to park in H/C spots.
Period. End of story. So one day my wife & I are out shopping & what do I see in a H/C spot? Yep, a cop car.
I flagged down another cop & he called it in.
5 mins. later, a tow truck comes up, drags the cop car out of the spot, and hauls it away. A few mins. after that, the cop comes out with his bag of donuts (seriously) & a cup of coffee.

He asks the other cop where his car is & he was told it was impounded.
The look on his face was priceless when he realized he had to walk or take a taxi to go get his car back. Then explain it to the Chief of Police. :biggrin:

tomtedesco

As a retired officer it just ticks me off to see this happen. There is so much negative and false claims against police officers that we don't need to give anyone more things to gripe about. That officer should be ashamed of his actions unless it was a life and death situation.

Eldermike

It not just the parking in H/C spots that troublesome. How about the speeding? Often get passed by police cars going far faster than the speed limit and no real emergency in the area. Just because it's a police car they are not exempt from following the traffic laws.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Going against the grain, we all have things in our life that is "iffy" to others. While does look wrongful, I tend to give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt. I have been on the wrongful end of accusations before, but that is life and truth will out itself. I don't hold it against the law. There is a policeman that I don't like his personality, but I do respect his position and give that to him.

I have a DB tag and will park in a spot that is not for DB and leave the DB space for someone that needs it worse - unless my back and legs are really hurting. Once I parked in a regular space two spaces from an open DB. Then I got shouted at for taking up a regular space instead of the open DB space! :rolleyes:

edicehouse

From what I know it was taken at a high school. So my guess is it is more than likely at the end of the school day. So I am willing to bet the spots were full, and he backed in there and was 20 feet away keeping an eye on the kids making sure they were safe.

My mother in law has a tag, and she will have me pick something up, and I will not park in the spot (unless she is going in). I have parked far away while she sat in the car.

Now this brings up another point. If my MIL is riding in my truck, and she forgets her tag, do you throw a fit if she parks there? This is where I say you need to know all the facts, BEFORE stating things.

larryc

Going against the grain, we all have things in our life that is "iffy" to others. While does look wrongful, I tend to give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt. I have been on the wrongful end of accusations before, but that is life and truth will out itself. I don't hold it against the law. There is a policeman that I don't like his personality, but I do respect his position and give that to him.

I have a DB tag and will park in a spot that is not for DB and leave the DB space for someone that needs it worse - unless my back and legs are really hurting. Once I parked in a regular space two spaces from an open DB. Then I got shouted at for taking up a regular space instead of the open DB space! :rolleyes:

No good deed shall go unpunished!

tomtedesco

It not just the parking in H/C spots that troublesome. How about the speeding? Often get passed by police cars going far faster than the speed limit and no real emergency in the area. Just because it's a police car they are not exempt from following the traffic laws.

Not sticking up for cops, but sometime I was dispatched to silent alarms, or officer needing cover where lights and siren were not used so as not to alert the suspects. I drove over the speed limit and probably changed lanes a lot to get to location.

Top Bottom