Snake Season~That time of year again!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Well its that time of year again. when the snakes are coming out of their dens and are getting ready for Seamus to start slaughtering! LOL, that sounds so barbaric! Anyway, I'm feeling lucky this year so I wanna buy some gear so I can bring in a good haul this year. So I thought I would ask for everyone's opinion of the best snake boots and snake tongs that work the best. There are tons to choose from and not really sure which to go with. Any help is appreciated!
Snake boots: Snake tongs:

Also, what is a good length to go with on the tongs? I'm 6'2", so i thought that a set that was around 52" was a good length.

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Attachments

• snake boots.jpg
    snake boots.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 107
  • snake tongs.jpg
    snake tongs.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is a new one on a Wisconsin guy.

Are the boots padded, so the teeth can't penetrate your skin, or are they supposed to fend off the bite??

el_d

Nice. I've been wanting some snake boots for a long time just never got around to it.

I just got a call about 2 copperheads the neighbor killed. I like the copperheads hide.

Now I need a coral snake.

Padre

I dunno, don't they make boots that go up to your groin? And, speaking of your groin, get a steel cup and jock strap?????? :eek: I heard those suckers can leap pretty high! 1/2 of 6'2" is only 3'1", and a grand-daddy rattler could probably do that without much effort. :)

BKelley

Seamus,

You might try Gokey boots. They are owned by Orvis now. I think at one time they were endorsed by Ross Allen. I wear their hiking boots and can attest to quality and craftsmanship.

Ben

randywa

Seamus, you might be confused. These are snake boots Tongs are for getting the steak off the grill. Anything else is just nuts. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• boots-mens-circle-g-211160-natural-1.jpg
    boots-mens-circle-g-211160-natural-1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 143

McBryde

Seamus,

I used to hunt in Sweetwater, TX. There were so many stinking rattlers out there it wasn't even funny. I saw more at my grandparents place down in Goliad though, and have a coral snake in the freezer from down there. They are quite few and far between down there though.

E

PenMan1

Seamus:
Even the "Red Head" brand of snake boots that Bass Pro sells are good quality. AND, it's easy to clean crap from the inner lining of the boots. DAMHIKT :)

SDB777

My tongs are actually a RoughRider 22RFM:eek:....I got no use for a living snake. And I have a set of Rocky's snake boots for tromping around the woods looking for that next piece of spalted pretty!

Scott (shoot, shoot again, wait to see if dead) B

Joe S.

I heard it's impossible to miss a rattlesnake, they are so aggressive they strike the bullet and get shot in the head every time! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I'm from MI, so I'm not much help here.

InvisibleMan

Seamus:
Even the "Red Head" brand of snake boots that Bass Pro sells are good quality. AND, it's easy to clean crap from the inner lining of the boots. DAMHIKT :)

I'd probably take a pair of red head undies with me in that case.

Actually, snakes aren't that bad. It's spiders I'd suit up for. Creepy.

Woodlvr

Seamus I just came across this story and had to share since it is about your subject. Whhe in my youngr years we had two people bit aftr the rattlesnake was decapitated. We need you snake catchers around here be careful. Unlucky man gets bitten by decapitated snake - msnNOW My escapades was in Eastern North Dakota by a town named Beach, North Dakota with no beaches.

Last edited:

el_d

Aint nothing creepier than having a dead headless rattlesnake still striking at you several hours after the heads been taken off.

Or picking it up and the snake tring to get away several hours after that......

Gives me the Heebee-jeebees....

Papa mark

Seamus, at the meer mention of your name, the snakes will start to tremble and slither away with fear. Good luck hunting and be careful. Take lots of pictures.

Top Bottom