Small town advantages for sure - Part Two

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
A while back I started a thread talking about small town advantages. It was about a soon to be realeased story about my pen making here in Columbus Indiana.

here the "old story": http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82914

Well it came out today. It was much better than I expected. I think the reporter did a very good job. Knowing I had the interview I was pretty much afraid to say much about it to friends or family because I might jinx the whole thing. But it came out in the paper today! I went to early service today and I have never been so surprised as to how many read the paper. That is - early on a Sunday. I know it's well over 20 people came up to me to personally congratulate me and my wife on the great article in the paper was and wishing us much success. (Some I have sold pens to in the past, yes) All people that I know and all, but it was the early service - 8:30am! They must have gotten up at 5am just to read...MY eyes don't focus at that time! Anyway despite me being in pictured in the article, it wasn't too bad. I am not a great photographer or anything but the first picture I'll attach here is one of the Front Page of the Sunday edition. On the top of the paper! I don't think anyone could buy a headline like that. Other than if they did something very, very wrong. I look of it as s sort of "Good News Headline". Then inside section three in what we call the Lifestyles Section I take up the entire page, literally and figuratively(?).

To take a quote from a friend and fellow IAP member on here - the one called: Wood Butcher, this from an emaill sent my way just this morning: "now figure out how to promote sales through this before it gets cold."

That's all I have to do!
Thanx for your time and comments!
Randy

P.S. I have my email address in the article. I have already started to receive inquiries (2) and congradulations now numbering 12!

Attachments

• Front Page.jpg
    Front Page.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 237
  • Lifestyles.jpg
    Lifestyles.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Section C.jpg
    Section C.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 245
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Randy Nice article, Congratulations, I guess this was a day to announce pen making and collecting to the country. CBS did a thing this morning on pens and pen makers.

My small town must be smaller than your small town... our newspaper is printed on 16 x 10 white paper.... folded in half to make an 8 x 10... we do usually have enough news to fill all 4 pages. :laugh::laugh:

My small town must be smaller than your small town... our newspaper is printed on 16 x 10 white paper.... folded in half to make an 8 x 10... we do usually have enough news to fill all 4 pages. :laugh::laugh:
And that's in a week, right?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yep, comes out every Thursday so we know who got killed, who got busted for dui, meth, whose house blew up from the meth lab... :laugh::laugh:

We don't have garbage pick up here, so we have to take it in to the local center... I make a run about twice a week... there's always one or two or three young men working at the center in orange jump suites... doing their community service. :biggrin::biggrin:

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks Tim. I have been contacted by and have given a "sales presentation" to our local Columbus Visitors Center and got a 15 Pen Order to start with! :)

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Chuck, Isn't the right size for the normal bird cage bottom? Unfolded of course. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
At least they're maybe thinking ahead for recycling purposes, especially during the election ad period....Which now-a-days seems to be 12 months long....!!!:frown:

Last edited:

John Pratt

Congrats on the publicity!

Columbus a small town? I am not sure I would consider that a small town. Any town with more than one High School is hard to call a small town. If I remember right Columbus has three, right? That's a good thing though; more people = more potential customers.

Top Bottom