Skydiving Championship - Year 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Nothing to do with Penturning.

The United States Parachute Association Championships are taking place:

2016 USPA National Skydiving Championships

Last year my son was on the Gold Medal Team in the 4-way Intermediate Division (Skydive Midwest-NEXT out of Chicago).

They got bumped up into the Advanced Division this year. So far they have a healthy lead with only several rounds to go.

If you click on the team number - #1104, you get their picture (Chris is on the far right).

If you click on the score in each round (16, 21, etc), you get to see a video of the scored competition. Points are awarded for each maneuver within a time.
period.

This is the highest division before going "pro" and competing against dedicated teams (i.e., Military Golden Knights).

If they win they will probably disband, regroup and start over; they have jobs...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Pretty cool Mark. I'm sure you guy's are proud. Not sure I'd ever have the nerve to jump out of a perfectly good plane :biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Chris just called - They got picked up by another sponsor, so they will advance to the "Open" division next year. As a comparison, their score took Gold in the Advanced division, and would have placed them 7'th in the "Open" division (they do the same routines).

Mariner1

Always wanted to skydive, but put it off to long. My bones could never take it anymore, I'll just stay with sailplanes.

gimpy

WOW, you should be very proud, as I know you are.....Grants to your son and the "team"...

Your son should be prouder than a peacock........nice photo, oh, they look so young....or am I getting old.......:)

bobleibo

That is awesome Mark! You dive into the ocean, your son dives into the clouds. What more could you ask for?

Top Bottom