The sky is falling

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I have no choice but to stay in right now. I have an infection in my mouth and am on meds, and I have a problem with my foot and have to stay off it as much as I can so I can't do any turning.

jttheclockman

I have no choice but to stay in right now. I have an infection in my mouth and am on meds, and I have a problem with my foot and have to stay off it as much as I can so I can't do any turning.

:eek:Curt, I hear someone loading the shotgun. If anyone asks you to go out behind the house think about it. Many horses have done that and not come back. Just saying.............................:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

www.reference.com/pets-animals/hoof-mouth-disease-a2642d4e193fe41c?qo=cdpArticles

Last edited:

Skie_M

:eek:Curt, I hear someone loading the shotgun. If anyone asks you to go out behind the house think about it. Many horses have done that and not come back. Just saying.............................:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

www.reference.com/pets-animals/hoof-mouth-disease-a2642d4e193fe41c?qo=cdpArticles

No no no ... out behind the house is fine ... it's out behind the BARN you gotta look out for! (I heard all about it from the donkey ... he saw his neighbor's owner do the dirty deed to the plow ox, and then THEY ATE HIM!!)

Skie_M

Modify your lathe so you can sit and turn :biggrin:
Hope you get well soon
Kryn

Seriously? You just told him to "sit and spin" ?? :tongue:

CREID

Modify your lathe so you can sit and turn :biggrin:
Hope you get well soon
Kryn

That would help a lot since along with the problem with my foot for now, I also have a bad knee which means when I do turn, I turn a little and then rest my knee for a while (usually read some) then turn for a while then rest. I get a lot of reading in while turning. :biggrin:

sschering

The trees are falling down here in Oregon. They can't handle the ice load.
We saw 7 drop branches in a 20 minute dog walk last night.

Skie_M

The trees are falling down here in Oregon. They can't handle the ice load.
We saw 7 drop branches in a 20 minute dog walk last night.

I remember taking walks in the woods when it was particularly cold, back in '85 or so ... the windchill was -85 (85 below zero, temp was -72).

I kept hearing sounds like gunshots in the distance ... within a mile of me. I was concerned that I might get shot in a hunting accident, as I wasn't wearing bright colors. The shots were coming randomly, some closer, some further, sometimes close together ... I decided to go home.

I had no idea what it really was till there was one that happened only 20 feet from me. When I dug myself back out of the snow, the tree was still falling apart. It had hard frozen to it's core and had exploded from the moisture expansion.

I was alone in those woods .... there were no hunters within miles.

jttheclockman

We are having our own bit of weird weather here in NJ. Thurs and Fri. it was single digit numbers with the wind chill factor. Sat we get about 3" of snow. Just enough to cause havoc on the roads because of ice. Today (Sun.) it is 60 degrees and the fog off the remaining snow makes it look very eerie. Tomorrow we will be back into the 30's. Have to love winter.:)

Top Bottom