Show me your.....................................

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinn

(get yer minds outta the gutter!)

Show me your pen blanks stash! I talked the BF into giving up a drawer in the workbench... some of these are stacked 2, 3 and 4 blanks deep. But I know this is a very modest stock, well under a 100... so c'mon, folks. Admit your obsessions. Let's see whacha got! :D

200612624834_wooddrawer2.jpg

Nancy [:eek:)]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

A lot of those looks familiar...I think I can recognize the hand writting on some! [;)]

As for pics...It will be difficult, I will need a few shots to show various shelves and all around my shop/garage [;)][:D][}:)]

woodpens

Okay. Here is most of my collection. Some of the boxes are 2 or 3 deep. [:D] This is actually three different angles where I tried to get them all in the picture.

woodpens

Don - I am confident that one of my kids will wind up getting them when I am no longer around. [;)] I am glad I went through them all for the pictures. I found some really neat blanks that I have not seen in years. I'll get them better organized as I return them to their storage shelves.

Mikey

Hmmm, what I have would take up about the same amount of room that Punkinn has. I would have said half, but then I realized that I had 2x2 squares of nice stock sitting out drying in the shop that need to be bandsawn. (I do have three packages from different people on the way, so my quantity is going to take a bump upward.

alamocdc

I'm with you, Kevin. I was looking at my stash when I was reorganizing my shop the other day thinking, "Okay, I've got way too many blanks now. I need to quit collecting and start turning and moving some of them." But I can't compete w/Jim. I only have about what he does in the first photo. However, that doesn't include my flat stock and my 2, 3 and 4 inch spindles.

jkoehler

Hey Jim,
Do you mind if I keep your pictures?
Then anytime my wife complains about my blank collection, i can just show her your pictures and tell her to be happy that it isnt my collection.
[:D]

punkinn

Originally posted by woodpens
<br />Okay. Here is most of my collection. Some of the boxes are 2 or 3 deep. [:D] This is actually three different angles where I tried to get them all in the picture.

Oh my. LOL!! You need to get busy, Jim! [:D]

Nancy

woodpens

Originally posted by thetalbott4
<br />I'm betting Jim has a no matches or lighters policy on his property.
You're right! The big stump of lighter wood sitting in the corner of my shop worries me. LOL

woodpens

Originally posted by jkoehler
<br />Do you mind if I keep your pictures?
Then anytime my wife complains about my blank collection, i can just show her your pictures and tell her to be happy that it isnt my collection.
[:D]
That's a good plan. My wife actually bought me a BIG box of blanks from Bill Baumbeck a year ago for Christmas. She may re-think that if she walks in my shop before I put everything away. [8D]

woodpens

Well, I cleaned up my blanks for the most part. I made five pen blank bins with adjustable width dividers to help organize things a bit. Three of the bins are 12" deep by 5' long. The other two are 18" X 4'. I am happy with the way they came out, but I still have about 50% of my stock without a home. I am going to have to put up more shelves... I am certainly not going to get rid of my pen blanks! [:D]

wood-of-1kind

2,325 pen blanks at last count. No joke, but I actually maintain a spreadsheet just to help me keep things organized. My original goal was to reach 50 different species and then stop. Well I'm now at 113 species and still can't get enough. I need more than a 12 step program, I need a bigger shop just to help me with the storage. It does help to be working for a leading office WOOD furniture manufacturer.[:D][:D][:D]

Charles

Holy cow! My blanks may number 100-200 and I can't find space, Jim you need a lectriever to make these accessable(kind of like a rolladex for bins) Wish I had that many selections.

woodpens

That is a pile of pen blanks! I am curious how many I have but not sure I want to count them all. I just increased the count by 50 or 60 today with this Zebrawood I got off eBay.

alamocdc

I'm afraid to count mine. And I have a few dozen bd feet of flat stock I bought to make blanks from. And this doesn't count my spindle blanks (several sizes), bowl blanks and logs. [:0] Peter, when you find that 12 step program, please let me know. [:p]

Ryan

I nominate Jim and Peter to host our next "I am selling my blanks to make room in my shop" Sale.

What do you all think?

Ryan

punkinn

Originally posted by woodpens
<br />Well, I cleaned up my blanks for the most part. I made five pen blank bins with adjustable width dividers to help organize things a bit. ...

Wow, Jim that looks fabulous. What a great job! (and lots of space, sheesh!)

Nancy

wood-of-1kind

My blanks are always available as TRADE. Will gladly share my stash with any IAP member. If this obsession of collecting blanks gets any worse, I will go into therapy. Oh, my wife tells me I'm there already. [;)]

I think that I'm beyond HELP. I don't have fingerprints like others, mine resemble a woodgrain pattern derived from handling so much wood. [:p]

woodpens

Originally posted by punkinn
<br />Wow, Jim that looks fabulous. What a great job! (and lots of space, sheesh!)
Thanks, Nancy. I need about twice as many bins as I made, but these really help get things out of the way while keeping them in plain view.

pssherman

Here is my wood stash. My shop is not heated or cooled so I converted a non-working freezer into a wood storage facility. The 25 watt light bulb keeps the inside about 20 - 25 degrees warmer than the shop so the humidity is controlled. Not sure how many there are, but some of the boxes have over 100 blanks in them. The box on top of the freezer has about 600 corian blanks.

200621020316_wood_stash.jpg

Paul in AR

myname1960

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />2,325 pen blanks at last count. No joke, but I actually maintain a spreadsheet just to help me keep things organized. My original goal was to reach 50 different species and then stop. Well I'm now at 113 species and still can't get enough. I need more than a 12 step program, I need a bigger shop just to help me with the storage. It does help to be working for a leading office WOOD furniture manufacturer.[:D][:D][:D]

Ok this is what i will do for you. I will volunteer to be your 12-step sponser.

What you will need to do 1st is send me at all of the blanks from at least 63 species. That will bring you to your 50 species limit.

You may send more species if you want too. I will gladly help you out in your collection illness.

And in the future might i suggest you send me all of your new acquisitions so i can monitor your progress. [:D]

Chris

myname1960

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Chris, thank you for the RELIEF that you have offered me. Methinks I will keep my sickness and my blanks.[:p][:p][:p][:p]

-Peter-

You are very welcome.
Ok i know one thing you can do for your sickness.
This is a deep dark secret i dont tell just anyone.
Just increase the number of species you want to collect.
Originally you said 50 but you had 113 i think.
If you increased your number wanted to say 200 you have a ways to go before the problem comes back.
Then if you hit 200 species just increase that number again.
You will be well in no time.
If that doesnt help just remember my offer still stands [:D]

Chris

BigRob777

I am so disorganized right now. Here is a couple of pics which show about 1/4 of my blanks. It represents about 5% of my wood stash though. Of course this isn't just my personal stash. I also sell them.

200621121031_DSCN2090.jpg
<br />

200621121042_DSCN2091.jpg
<br />
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom