Shop Concentration

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
No I don't mean paying attention to what you are doing.
I mean like the old game show with Hugh Downs.
You are in the process of looking for something.
While in your search you find something that you were looking for days, years, or even minutes ago.
That's when you say "I wondered where that was!"
You then go on searching for the item you were looking for in the first place.
Now comes the second part of the game.
You start looking for the item you found while you were looking for the thing that you didn't find in the first place.
In this game you are the "host" the participant and also the sponsor.
You drive great satishaction when you locate the item that you started looking for.
You are disqualified if the the alloted 15 minutes you forgot what you were looking for.
You get extra points if, while in your seach, you find something else that grabs your attention and you proceed on to another task totally forgetting the original quest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Do I get extra points if I can't even remember that I have a shop?
What about if you are looking for something, never find it, find something else and loose it in the process of trying to find the original item?

rtjw

You forgot to put in there about the occasional distraction of kids.

I sometimes start looking for something and end up finding myself out of the shop and somewhere I had no intention of ever going to!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Woodbutcher68
<br />You guys are confusing me now!
I forgot my pin number for my ATM card last week and still haven't remembered it.

Send me an e-mail and I'll tell you what it is.
You don't want me to post it here do you?.

esheffield

Or how about if you have one item (tape measure) and need a second item to go with it (pencil) and in the process of looking for the second you lay down the first. You then find the second item but have no idea where you left the first one! [:D]

ilikewood

If you haven't seen Bill Cosby's "49", I would recommend it. Probably the funniest video (stand up) he ever did and he addresses these same problems exactly.

Woodbutcher68

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />
Originally posted by Woodbutcher68
<br />You guys are confusing me now!
I forgot my pin number for my ATM card last week and still haven't remembered it.

Send me an e-mail and I'll tell you what it is.
You don't want me to post it here do you?.

Won't do any good to post it here, I need it when I get to the ATM. The closest one's a 1/2 mile away and I only have 200' of extension cord!
Thanks anyway!

btboone

I used to go through that a lot, especially with pencils, calculators, and calipers. I now have several of them all at different "stations" all around the shop. I also started putting other things nearby; if I use a screwdriver a lot for pulling a ring off a mandrel for example, I post a screwdriver right there on the pegboard next to the lathe. I have tons of pegboard up now! It helps to see the tools instead of putting them down on something. It drives me absolutely nuts to spend time looking for something!

Woodbutcher68

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />
Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />If you want I can withdraw the money up here and e mail to you.

Eagle, shame on you trying to cheat the man! Fax him the money [:D]

Just mail me a check. I can wait for it.
I remember what happened to my PIN number, I gave it to that Nigerian guy whose dad or uncle died. He's gonna send me lots of money to hold for him, but I'm gonna move as soon as I get it! The house across the street is for sale!

alamocdc

Originally posted by esheffield
<br />Or how about if you have one item (tape measure) and need a second item to go with it (pencil) and in the process of looking for the second you lay down the first. You then find the second item but have no idea where you left the first one! [:D]

Eddie, I've done this more times than I can count. It may be funny now, but when it happens... NOT AT ALL. Drives me crazy. And worse yet even; you're in the middle of doing something with that thing you finally found and SWMBO bellars, er, I mean calls you to do some dreadfully important task (scold the dog, or some other such nonsense). You guessed it... you have to try and find it all over again.[:p][:0]

Joe Melton

You guys think you have it bad! My wife "organized" my shop when I was out of town. Now I have to ask her whenever I want something. I suspect that was her motivation in the first place. She can't stand disorder and I can't seem to avoid it.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom