Shop cleaning.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

LOML helped me clean my shop; I have lots more space and am better organized since we did it.
Now, I try to use the rule of 10 to stay organized:
Put 10 things away when done for the day.

Rockytime

Since I sold my Bridgeport and my big lathe I now have room to turn around. Thus the new work tables and the ability to keep it clean. My wife is the queen of clean and makes me keep it somewhat tidy.

Attachments

• 20150819_155756.jpg
    20150819_155756.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 20150819_155804.jpg
    20150819_155804.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 20150819_155826.jpg
    20150819_155826.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 170

hanau

Cleaned 5 feet of wall space in the last hour. Only 20 more feet of wall cabinets to go then I have to clean the floor and put everything in bags to take to the landfill.

Then find some good storage containers for the pen kits.

I would clean up, but it takes away from my turning time... beside, it would just get messed up again anyway....When the wood chips get deep enough in front of the lathe that the lathe is too low, I'll scoop them up and get back down to the floor.

I do have one rule though... when through using a tool, put it back where it goes...otherwise, I'll spend half an hour looking for it or never find it again. I lost a pencil the other day, spent my obligatory half an hour looking for it to find it was behind me ear.

sschering

I'm not a fan but I've been forced into it..

My shop is a below grade garage and someone (me) left a back yard sprinkler running.

As it turns out all that water found it's way out through my garage. Everything in the garage needed to be moved and cleaned under. I've been spending the last month cleaning up from that mess.

Why a month? Ever heard the term scope creep? I started with a cleaning project and ended up changing the layout. I'm still not done.

I turned the lathe back on and put skew to wood for the first time in several months this weekend. Good to be back.. I have a plan for the bash that may not be done in time.

hanau

Well almost got there but didn't get it all done.
Daughter and her boyfriend showed up and where do they go?
To the computer in the shop where i am at. let alone there is computers in the house.

The first load(
One of the bags is house trash.)

Looking better

Ran out time, maybe this weekend This wall will get finished.

Cmiles1985

I'm personally not a fan of cleaning the shop. Especially now. My old shop was so easy to clean. I didn't have room for anything to not be in its place. I had 100 square feet at best, so it was a place for everything, and everything in its place! Its place may have been on the lathe bed or bandsaw table, but it had a place! I'm now three months into my new shop. NOTHING has a place! It's too bloody hot to do anything after 9:00 A.M. Or before 9:00 P.M.
Before next summer, I will be air conditioning my shop. I have all of my storage contents in one section, so I need to build a loft. I'm also adding an exterior structure for my dust collection (another pile in a corner right now) and air compressor. So, now I have a 1200 square foot shop that's organized just enough to make a few things, but not to truly enjoy!

JimB

I clean my shop fairly regular but it is only 10' x 18' so I need to keep it reasonably organized or I run out of space quickly. I already moved my desk and finishing area out of the shop and into another part of the basement but I'm probably going to reorganize the shop because I bought a few new toys that need a home.

wob50

I looking good John
Not like ours o had to move the lathe out to the big over head door to turn after the lathe fell off the dolly. You talking about being a pack rat you have not seen the big shop omg i clean it twice and pops finds stuff to stuff into it ..... Lol

triw51

I hate cleaning but a trick I learned years ago I can clean for 15 min. that way I don't feel overwhelmed. So when I get to my shop I set the timer on my phone and start to clean and/or organize when the 15 min are up I can stop but most of the time I just finish then reward myself with turning something fun.

Top Bottom