Shiver me Timbers(Bash Loot)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

I was fortunate enough to place 3rd in a contest this Birthday dash Season and was rewarded with a $50 gift from George down in Australia for a few bits and timbers. I poured over his site for days making notations of what I had never turned and it was all of it(almost). I proceeded to go through page after page trying to find the best option for me. I finally settled on a few pieces and wanted to show my new stash. Shiraz Red Vine, Aboyna, Golden Wattle, and 2 bonus pieces that was truffle and Australian Mulberry

I also wanted say a huge thanks for all work done by the Bash coordinators and folks who donated.
1EA0652E-3004-403C-97B5-A25910BACC4C_zpsybtj1kyj.jpg

1EA0652E-3004-403C-97B5-A25910BACC4C_zpsodnyotxm.jpg

5F11139D-8372-4A5C-AAEA-1583781607B4_zpsux0drgtf.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Great choices.
That truffle is some really rare stuff, cuts like butter and makes a beautiful pen.
Congrats!

robutacion

I was fortunate enough to place 3rd in a contest this Birthday dash Season and was rewarded with a $50 gift from George down in Australia for a few bits and timbers. I poured over his site for days making notations of what I had never turned and it was all of it(almost). I proceeded to go through page after page trying to find the best option for me. I finally settled on a few pieces and wanted to show my new stash. Shiraz Red Vine, Aboyna, Golden Wattle, and 2 bonus pieces that was truffle and Australian Mulberry

I also wanted say a huge thanks for all work done by the Bash coordinators and folks who donated.

Geezz, feels like was just yesterday I put those blanks together for you...!

Glad to see they all got to its destiny and that you are pleased...!

And while I pride myself to have very fair prices on my blanks, I could have supplied all that for AU$50.00 that would cover only the 2 Amboyna burl blanks (10). I have to make sure, folks don't think that, they got a lot less for the money, which is not the case, here...!

The shipping issue, is one of those things that, I can't do any better than the lower rates I have for all International destinations, they are about half of what a normal charge would be, and that took me years to achieve. The other thing with shipping is that, within small orders, the best value starts for order over 500gr, for example, the 250gr parcel costs AU$10.00 and then about AU$3.00 for every 250gr. after that so, one of the best value weight wise, is the 2kg parcel @ AU$34.00 I can fit approx. 36 blanks...!

Anyway, great pics of those blanks...!

Gave fun,

Cheers
George

firewhatfire

I surely am not complaining (wish I had alot of my own money to spend when I placed the order) . THis stuff is awesome. I hope to get at least one turned into something over next few days.

Geezz, feels like was just yesterday I put those blanks together for you...!

Glad to see they all got to its destiny and that you are pleased...!

And while I pride myself to have very fair prices on my blanks, I could have supplied all that for AU$50.00 that would cover only the 2 Amboyna burl blanks (10). I have to make sure, folks don't think that, they got a lot less for the money, which is not the case, here...!

The shipping issue, is one of those things that, I can't do any better than the lower rates I have for all International destinations, they are about half of what a normal charge would be, and that took me years to achieve. The other thing with shipping is that, within small orders, the best value starts for order over 500gr, for example, the 250gr parcel costs AU$10.00 and then about AU$3.00 for every 250gr. after that so, one of the best value weight wise, is the 2kg parcel @ AU$34.00 I can fit approx. 36 blanks...!

Anyway, great pics of those blanks...!

Gave fun,

Cheers
George

Top Bottom