Shadow box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

I finished this shadow box for a friend of mine that's retiring in a week or so. I delivered it this morning, he's very happy with it! I also made him a pen from Honduran Mahogony, and had it engraved by Mike and Jen. He at first said he couldn't accept it, until I said he didn't have a choice, and then he saw that it was engraved... He was very touched, and his wife nearly cried.

2005128131027_shadow2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tangboy5000

Dave I'm disappointed in you, you only made his wife nearly cry. I almost nearly cried and I didn't even see the pen. If it looks half as good as the shadow box you did yourself proud. Excellent work.

Efletche

I need to make one of these for my brother. What are the dimensions of your shadow box? Did you make it up yourself or did you use plans? If so, where?

Woodnknots

Originally posted by Efletche
<br />I need to make one of these for my brother. What are the dimensions of your shadow box? Did you make it up yourself or did you use plans? If so, where?
I actually went over to the Navy Hobby shop on base here, and looked at a commercially made one (terrible, BTW), and took basic dimensions from that. The triangle is roughly 13.5" sides (top two). The rectangle is (outside dimension) roughly 23" x 10(ish). The bottom decorative piece is about 25" long, and about 7/8" or 15/16" thick, I can't remember which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom