Segmenting question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

I'm getting ready to try segmenting some blanks, got some ideas that I want to see. I bought some black laminating material, pickguard in the right colors and some blanks that I can live with killing if I screw up. I think I have everything I need to start, but have one more question....

WHERE DID I PUT THE )&%(^$ PICKGUARD AND LAMINATE?

cleaned the shop, found things I didn't even know I had, no sign of the stuff and the only way I know to find it is to buy more!

of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Here is what my wife tells me:

"Start looking for something else, and magically it will appear, because you are looking for something else...."

Sadly, this actually works some of the time.....

Good luck with all the "new found" goodies though...LOL....

ESwindell

Ah good maybe the Gnomes have left my house:D or (really bad thought) they are reproducing and moving out globally since they have hidden every thing of mine[:0]. Honestly I have never had anything like this happen to me.... that is why I own 6 tape measures, 4 caulking guns, numerous tubes of the exact same caulk, umpteen screwdrivers, 5 utility knives, ..., and still can not find one when I need it. It is really a good thing that my lathe, band saw, drill press scroll saw and dust collector are so big or the gnomes might have hidden those as well:D
God Bless,
Eric

cowchaser

Look on the workbench. That is usually where I find my stuff. Wife says to quit leaving it lying around. I tell her that I left it there because I was going to use it again. Guess she thinks a few weeks laying in the floor or on the kitchen counter is to long. Wonder if I leave the sweeper in the floor if she will use it and put it up. [B)][8][B)]

fernhills

Originally posted by GoodTurns

I'm getting ready to try segmenting some blanks, got some ideas that I want to see. I bought some black laminating material, pickguard in the right colors and some blanks that I can live with killing if I screw up. I think I have everything I need to start, but have one more question....

cleaned the shop, found things I didn't even know I had, no sign of the stuff and the only way I know to find it is to buy more!
Its gotta be right next to my tiny phillips screw driver,by my glasses, Carl

of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.....

randyrls

My personal "best" if you can call it that, is 15 seconds! That means I lost some parts and ordered a new set, found the original set of parts 15 SECONDS later. :(

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
Have you looked somewhere in plain sight? I know when I misplace something that's usually where it is. At least that's where my wife finds it.[:I]

airrat

Jon I see it,

Its over there..

NO your other left...

right there...

in front of you....

its between *static noise*

I usually have a few choice words, then I call my wife. We all know they rule the world and they were the ones that hid it from us in the first place. I say a few nice things to her, a couple I love you and promise to do the HONEYDEW list. Amazingly she knows right where I left it...errr I mean she hid it.

My dear ol' sweet sainted mother, whenever I couldn't find someting ALWAYS asked sweetly and saintedly, "where did you leave it?"

---
When I'm working int the shop I have a tendency to put things in my back pocket, then spend next 15 minutes looking for it... definitely could use eyes in back of the head so I can see behind me.

GoodTurns

Gee, Guys, thanks for the support;).

I was walking around the house looking for my car keys last night, checking under things, looking in drawers I never use...my son asked what I was looking for "my car keys", I told him...his straight faced (and correct[B)]) response was "left hand, Dad"....I proceeded to ask my wife to find a nice "home" for me...

Scott

About four years ago I bought a nice Beall collet chuck. I brought it home and set it down, and haven't seen it since! That's why I'm looking to buy a new one now, AND I am sure as soon as I order it I'll find the old one! Sheesh!

At least it's nice to be among friends! [:p]

Scott.

GoodTurns

I FOUND IT!!!!!! Now it is in the middle of my workbench, wheer I will probably lose it before I use it, but at least I did find it!

I FOUND IT!!!!!! Now it is in the middle of my workbench, wheer I will probably lose it before I use it, but at least I did find it!
There's your problem, it laying in the middle of the workbench - probably in plain sight... That's where I lose everything else that I don't have in my back pocket... if I really really want to keep up with something, I put in a plastic bag and hang in on the wall over my workbench.. that way I only have to spend 15 or 20 minutes looking at everything else hanging up there to find it.:D

Top Bottom