Saying

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am looking for a quote that has to deal with time. I want something classy, not witty. Can be famous or can be made up. Can be religious or commercial. Looking to engrave on special boxes that either will have some special clocks that I am making or even some watch part pens. I am sure there are those here that specialize in things like this from some of the signature lines I have read over the years here. Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

TIME - Heals All Wounds.

Simran Khurana on Famous Quotes about Time said:
Updated June 23, 2014

Time and tide await none eh? The powerful tide of time overpowers everything: kingdoms fall, evil dies, relationships change, seasons wither, and the new sun rises. I am in a really poetic mood today. Well, the concept and power of time always moves me. So, here is a collection of famous time quotes.

Benjamin Franklin
Remember that time is money.

John Keats
As though a rose should shut and be a bud again.

Benjamin Franklin
Never leave that till to-morrow which you can do to-day.

Edgar Allan Poe
Years of love have been forgot, In the hatred of a minute.

Francis Bacon
The world's a bubble, and the life of man, Less than a span.

William Wordsworth
Sweet childish days, that were as long, As twenty days are now.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Can anybody remember when the times were not hard and money not scarce?

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy.

Alexander Pope
For he lives twice who can at once employ, The present well, and e'en the past enjoy.

Benjamin Franklin
Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.

Alexander Pope
'Tis with our judgments as our watches -- none go just alike, yet each believes his own.

Walt Whitman
To me every hour of the light and dark is a miracle, Every cubic inch of space is a miracle.

Edgar Allan Poe
Keeping time, time, time, In a sort of Runic rhyme, To the tintinnabulation that so musically wells, From the bells, bells, bells.

Francis Bacon
Histories make men wise; poets, witty; the mathematics, subtle; natural philosophy, deep; moral, grave; logic and rhetoric, able to contend.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/time These might be worthwhile to scan through too ... :)

randyrls

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven

Death and Light are everywhere, always, and they begin, end, strive, attend, into and upon the Dream of the Nameless that is the world, burning words within Samsara, perhaps to create a thing of beauty. -- Roger Zelazny

Quotes about Time

edicehouse

Time is on my side ~Rolling Stones
Trust me friend 100 years goes faster than you think ~Kenny Chesney
Don't blink ~Kenny Chesney
"Cuz I've had the time of my life and I owe it all to you" song from Dirty Dancing. This is the perfect thing to put on one that someone gets for a gift for someone else.
If I could save time in a bottle ~Joe Croce

It's astounding...Time is fleeting ~The Time Warp Rocky Horror Picture show

Boom

geoffholden

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Time is the great equalizer--we all have the same amount.
(How you use it determines your level of success)
Ed Brown

Ever notice how MANY people say, "I don't have time"--why??? What are they doing with their hours?? Actually they CHOOSE not to have time because they CHOOSE to do something else.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Boy this is going to be harder than I think. I was hoping something would just hit me and I would say yes that is it. There are some good ones here already. Thanks for taking the time.:)

Curly

Time is on my side ~Rolling Stones
Trust me friend 100 years goes faster than you think ~Kenny Chesney
Don't blink ~Kenny Chesney
"Cuz I've had the time of my life and I owe it all to you" song from Dirty Dancing. This is the perfect thing to put on one that someone gets for a gift for someone else.
If I could save time in a bottle ~Joe Croce

It's astounding...Time is fleeting ~The Time Warp Rocky Horror Picture show

Boom

What! You don't like Time by Pink Floyd? :tongue:

Cwalker935

You may delay, but time will not. Benjamin Franklin

Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. William Penn

"The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time."
Abraham Lincoln

larryc

Time - The older you are the faster it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

And I have a theory about that:
When you are 10 years old and you are waiting for your birthday or Christmas it seems like a loooong time because a year is one tenth of your life. As you get older (20) a year is only 1/20th of your life and when you are in your eighties, it's, "Tax time again? I just did that last week!"

BeeAMaker

"There is no future. There is no past. Do you see? Time is simultaneous, an intricately structured jewel that humans insist on viewing one edge at a time, when the whole design is visible in every facet."

Doc Manhatten, The Watchman.

BeeAMaker

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; ... "

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Okay, it is a little long

Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
Dark Helmet: Go back to then.
Colonel Sandurz: When?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Colonel Sandurz: Now?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
Dark Helmet: Why?
Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
Colonel Sandurz: Soon.
Dark Helmet: How soon?

~Spaceballs.

BeeAMaker

"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."

― Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

Dehn0045

I'm not sure how these would work on a box, but here are a few I like (other than the Spaceballs quote):

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin. -Mother Theresa

Time is like the wind, it lifts the light and leaves the heavy. -Dominico Cieri Estrada

Better three hours too soon, than one minute too late. -William Shakespeare

Best of luck finding just the right words...

Top Bottom