Sanding Pads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Papo

Has anyone had them fall apart? The first 2 -3 colored pads lasted about 10 pens before the sanding sheets came off.:mad::mad:
Kryn

Yea, as matter of fact I had the purple and orange come apart on me.
But then again I have old sets that are still going strong after a year.
Maybe we got a bad batch? :( HMMMM

JRay8

Has anyone had them fall apart? The first 2 -3 colored pads lasted about 10 pens before the sanding sheets came off.:mad::mad:
Kryn

mine from psi are great. no issues, long lasting. i just replaced them after a year and only because i spilled ca on them.

OOPS

I got mine from Woodcraft. My brother and I each have them, and each one of us has done more than 50 pens so far without problems. HOWEVER, one time I tried to smooth out some varnish I had applied to a pen (in the name of experimentation) The varnish heated up, which heated the pad, and the resulting liquified goo attached itself to the micromesh pad, rendering it useless. I have since discontinued my experimentation with varnish.

Last edited:

Charlie_W

Ambidex

Kryn

I have but was my fault for using too much pressure. They don't like heat much.Also if you wash them, don't let the inner spongy stuff get too wet. My second set is lasting much longer..Geo

Last edited:

Andrew_K99

Kryn
My first set, which is about a year old, is just starting to fall apart. I've probably used them on 30 or so pens. I just ordered a new set (this time sheets) yesterday.

It's honestly the cheapest 'sand paper' I've ever bought at $10 a set. The 320/400/600 grit wet/dry that I use doesn't last more then 2 pens until I toss it.

AK

Chasper

I buy the 3" X 4" pads and cut them down into four sets of 1 1/2" X 2" pads. On each of the sets of small pads I can polish a minimum of 400 two-section pens, usually quite a bit more. At $18 for a set of 3X4 pads that works out to about one cent per pen.

Carl Fisher

I've started buying the larger pads and cutting them in quarters. Saves a bunch of money when you average it out.

Now if I could find someone that only sells the last 6 colors (tan through grey) since that's all I use anyway. I have a surplus of the first 3 colors (brown/green/black I think?) that don't get touched.

Top Bottom