Safely home after 6000 miles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

A couple of weeks ago, I made it safely home from my maiden voyage in our new (to us) motorhome. Due to health reasons, my husband wasn't able to go with me, so I was soloing. I drove from Phoenix to Connecticut and back to take our 21 foot sailboat to our son and his family. My husband can no longer climb in and out of it, so we thought the kids would make better use of it.

Last summer I flew to Colorado Springs to buy and drive back to Phoenix a 1997 Winnebago Rialta motorhome. We bought it so that we could make this trip to CT this summer. I didn't know I was going to be soloing!

The boat is a Sea Pearl 21' cat ketch...very light weight...boat and trailer together weight about 700 lbs. Good thing because that little motorhome is build on a VW Eurovan chassis and is powered by a little V6 engine!

Rialta:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ria...tDov3oATl9oP4Cw&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1360&bih=627

Sea Pearl:
Marine Concepts Sea Pearl 21 important features

All together, the rig was 46 feet long!

I dry camped all but one night (too hot the first night out...needed the AC). I stayed overnight in rest areas all across the country. Going out I had to park out with the semis because of my length. I made it across tornado alley during breaks between storm fronts both directions (Whew!)

Had only one small mechanical problem...Had to put in a new AC idler pulley in Oklahoma. Not bad for an 18 year old vehicle. All in all, it was a great trip...got to visit with my brother in OK, my kids in CT, and my best friend from high school in CO on the way back.

Now I'm ready to get back to turning and working with the Phoenix Lighthouse for the Blind turning project.

Sharon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom