Sadness, but a little relief today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

My brother passed away very early this morning. We got the phone call we had been anxious about all this week, about 7:30 this morning. He had passed away at 1:30A.M. I last saw him Tuesday, the 22nd, after he had decided to stop taking the intravenous feedings Monday night. He hadn't been able to eat for 3+ weeks, and was on a constant morphine pump, with an on demand button as well. His pain must have been horrible. He was only to say a few words that day, but I hugged him, told him I loved him, and told him I hoped he had a pleasant journey ahead. He returned the love, then said thank-you about the wish for a pleasant journey. I had visited often the past few weeks, talked about our fun youth, and hugged him and told him I loved him all I could.

I am so grateful his pain is over. Now I have my Dad and a brother to watch over me, hope they do a good job these next few days.

My new campaign; GET TESTED FOR COLON HEALTH Don't wait for the age 50 recommendation, my brother was 48. He lasted 54 weeks after the diagnosis.

If you have ordered my blanks on the blank blow-out, please be patient.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Richard, my condolences. I can only agree what you said regarding colon health. I had about a quarter of mine removed some 10 years back due to diverticulitis. Now, I am going back for regular colonoscopy, just had mine in October and I am fine.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Richard - You are in my thoughts and prayers. My next colonoscopy is still 2 years away, but it is not one I (or my doctor) will forget.

OKLAHOMAN

Richard,you have my prayers and thanks, I'm 67 and have't had a colonoscopy, I will have Diane make an appointment for me.

wudnhed

Richard, no words can express the loving feeling I got from your post. Nothing I can say will make you feel better but please know that I am thinking of you and your family at this sad time. Prayers.......

GoodTurns

Richard-
My deepest sympathies on your loss. I am glad you had the opportunity to visit and talk, that is one thing you will never have another chance for and the regrets could have been awful. I hope he has a peaceful and wonderful journey ahead.

Peer pressure seems to be taking a lot of the "stigma" out of the whole colonoscopy procedure...it's now cool to do it!

Thoughts and prayers for you and your brother,
Jon

bitshird

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN

Richard,you have my prayers and thanks, I'm 67 and have't had a colonoscopy, I will have Diane make an appointment for me.
Roy, I had my first one this year at the tender young age of 65, you hear all the BS about how bad they are, it's all BS the night before is no fun but knowing your clean is worth alot,
Richard my condolences .

rhahnfl

My deepest condolences to you Richard.

I had my first colonoscopy last fall. The absolute worst part was the laxatives and fasting the day before. They have since revised the laxative protocol and I hear that now that part isn't bad either.

karlkuehn

Banned
Rich, I'm sorry. Relief or not, I know you're hurting. I'll say a comfort prayer for you...I can't imagine my brother going through that. Hold steady, and know that you can join him someday.

Dan_F

Richard---I'm sorry for your loss. It's good that you had a chance to say goodbye, Sounds like nothing was left unsaid. Knowing that he is no longer suffering will give some measure of comfort.

Dan

M

Mudder

Richard,

I'm sorry for your loss and I will pray that you and you family are given the strength to get through the sad times ahead. I lost my oldest brother to a heart attack in 2001, he was 2 months shy of his 44th birthday. Ever since his death I have been very conscious of my own heart health but I will follow your advise and talk to my doctor about colon health when I go to see him next month.

I'm glad that you had the opportunity to spend some precious time with your brother and let him know how you feel.

Scott

Richard,
My heartfelt condolence for your loss... I lost my only brother many years ago to complications of cerebral palsy. It's been 45 years and I still miss him.

I had my only colonoscopy at about age 60.. all healthy and clean.
My son in law.. wifes oldest daughter's husband, lost his father to colon cancer when he was about 4 and his father a mere 38 or so. SIL is 40 and has to have his checked every couple of years.. he's had a number of polyps removed over the years. He is very concious of the danger for him.

I'm glad you had time with your brother to say goodby and to let him know how much you loved him. I missed that with mine.. I was in the Navy and 3000 miles away when he died.

1nfinity

Richard, I'm very sorry for the loss of your brother -- may you and your family find peace and comfort through this difficult time. My brother is also my best friend -- I can't imagine losing him.
Also, thank you for the timely encouragement. I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy this coming Tuesday. I canceled an appointment for one over a year ago and was contemplating canceling again; however, I will heed your advice.
-- Terry

low_48

You people are the greatest!!!! Your thoughts and prayers have been so helpful. I am much more relaxed today, it had been so tough watching him suffer.

The kid had style. He told his wife to have him dressed in a t-shirt, jeans, and his farm work boots. No suit for Robert! Heck, it been almost 23 years since I wore one. He also wanted all the pallbearers to be from either the farm implement dealership he worked at part-time, or the auto mechanic shop he worked at, also part-time. All those guys are to be in their work uniforms, mechanic shirts/pants. After the funeral, his casket will be placed on the flat bed truck he drove for the farm implement dealership and be taken to the cemetary. His exact words as told to me, "I hauled for them, they can haul me!"

Thanks for one last laugh brother.:D

Chasper

Richard,

My sincere sympathy and prayers. May you and all of your family find peace and comfort. My dad was 83 when his routine colonoscopy found problems. He came through the surgery just fine and lived almost seven more healthy and productive years. It is never too early to have your first or next colonoscopy. Your mission is noble and worthy, you massage and your brother's struggles will save lives.

God bless.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by low_48

The kid had style. He told his wife to have him dressed in a t-shirt, jeans, and his farm work boots. No suit for Robert! Heck, it been almost 23 years since I wore one. He also wanted all the pallbearers to be from either the farm implement dealership he worked at part-time, or the auto mechanic shop he worked at, also part-time. All those guys are to be in their work uniforms, mechanic shirts/pants. After the funeral, his casket will be placed on the flat bed truck he drove for the farm implement dealership and be taken to the cemetary. His exact words as told to me, "I hauled for them, they can haul me!"

I like his style.
My deepest condolences to your and your family.

GoodTurns

Originally posted by low_48

Man after my own heart!:D I love it. My chosen attire will include a Hawaiian shirt and sandals! Folks wouldn't recognize me in a suit!

Top Bottom