Sad day at the doghouse

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doghouse

Well for those of you who came to the cookout, I am sure you remember Jaycee. She was the "dark" gordon setter who joined us. Well she had not had a good fall season, breaking a claw and developing cancer in that paw. After a couple of months it had reached the point where she could no longer walk on it. Then she split it open and after four days, we still could not stop the bleeding. So on Tuesday we had to put her down. That was the longest 5 min in our 11 years together. She was 13 years old we rescued her at 2 years. The perfect soccer goalie and the definition of a "Coffee Hound".

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

John,
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's amazing how attached you become to an "animal" - they really are like part of the family.

M

Mudder

Very sorry to hear of your loss.
We had to put a dog down due to parvo a couple of years ago and I still well up when I think of it. You get attached so deeply and it hurts just as bad as if you lost a member of the family. You guys had 11 good years together, remember them.

Scott

driften

We had to put a cat down this year after 14 years together. I sure know how you are feeling.
I am sorry for your loss. I hope our dogs have many years ahead of them.

wayneis

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. We have a Black Flat Coated Retriever that is like one of the family and every time that I think about the thought of loosing her, well you all know what its like.

Wayne

rtjw

Sorry about your loss. My mother had to put her 18 year old cat asleep this year. The cat was very special to her. I think the cat was liked better than us kids!

melogic

Sorry to hear John. We lost a bassett hound a few years ago to cancer. She was just like another child to us. Know how you are feeling.

Darley

Sorry about this John a dog is a very good friend and he/she konw your feeling for very days.

This is the way I see and things we can learn from DOG.. he/she will

- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- When it's your best interest, practise obedience.
- Let others know when they have invaded your territory.
- Avoid bitting when a simple growl will do.
- Take a nap often, and strech before rising.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

PenWorks

Sorry to hear about that Scott. I still reminise about Jewels, my spinger that past 6 years ago when she pops up in old movies.

Murphy

Sorry to hear of your loss. I am just getting over the loss of our 14 year old dalmation in July. I still expect to see his smile every morning when I wake up. It's just too quiet around here.

Doghouse

Thanks for all the kind words. It has been a long week, but things are getting close to "normal". My male is a little depressed, but we took him to the beach today and he is starting to enjoy being the center of attention. I have bad news for him... if all goes well we will have a new puppy after the first of the year.

angboy

John- well obviously from all the posts, people can really relate to and sympathesize with how you're feeling. Reading what you wrote and the replies got me teary eyed thinking about my first cat that I had to put to sleep several years ago. When I took her to the vet, the office staff gave me a piece of paper that had the "Rainbow Bridge" poem on it. Personally, I found it pretty comforting to read and think about. So here's a link if you want to take a look:

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Darley

Originally posted by angboy
<br />John- well obviously from all the posts, people can really relate to and sympathesize with how you're feeling. Reading what you wrote and the replies got me teary eyed thinking about my first cat that I had to put to sleep several years ago. When I took her to the vet, the office staff gave me a piece of paper that had the "Rainbow Bridge" poem on it. Personally, I found it pretty comforting to read and think about. So here's a link if you want to take a look:

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Nice poem angboy, I don't know in the States but here we do have pet cimetery ( not only for dogs )

Doghouse

Yes, I hang out over there every now and again. It makes you feel better to know others feel the same way you do.

As far as catching fish, Saturday Night we boated over 30 Striper in 2 hours. Daveturns05 put the first fish on the boat and scored a double header that night. We kept our limit, it was a good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom