Sad but true

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

I received this photo from a friend along with a bunch of others about the joys of growing old. Since there's been a lot of comments here on IAP about teaching cursive, I'd thought I'd share it.

As I said, it's sad but true:frown:

Attachments

• cursive.jpg
    cursive.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 197
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
What is cursive? And can you decipher the hieroglyphs on that paper?

Kidding of course.:wink:

Jim Smith

As sad as it is, there is also a kind of funny side of this for me. From the 7th grade on, I was always a copious note-taker in school. For most of my classes I had a separate 3-ring note binder for each of my classes. I found that I had to resort to printing my notes as I was having a very difficult time reading my cursive writing. When I was writing as fast as I could to capture the talking points, my hand-writing got about as bad as a doctors.

Jim Smith

MTViper

When I was in 3rd grade, I brought home a C in penmanship my first 6 weeks. My mother's solution was an hour of writing every evening before bed. I got A's after that. Of course this also ruined my career as a doctor. If I'm in a hurry, I print, but I still try to write as clearly as I can when I write. Fountain pens help that.

Woodchipper

My wife had a lab report from her doctor. She, our son, and I tried to read is note at the bottom of the page. I took it to the office- the insurance lady was on the elevator and she couldn't read it! She asked if I would wait and she would find what it said. His nurse couldn't read and neither could the doctor who wrote it! They finally figured out what it said....after 10 minutes.
Along those same lines, a close friend was an English teacher. He said the worst thing was the abbreviations used in texts. Kids can't spell or use proper grammar because of the laxity showing up in texting. It showed up in their term papers.

Top Bottom