Rotator Cuff Surgery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Just had surgery yesterday, and home same afternoon. Dr. told my wife that I had one complete tear and several partial tears in the four tendons that hold the shoulder together, and that I should have had the surgery last year. No pain right now as the anesthesiologist put a nerve block in my shoulder, which will last for three days. The worst part is I'm not allowed to shower for three days. Typing is kind of slow, as well.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Saying prayers and sending thoughts of healing.

Do what the doctor says. Read books and watch movies. Be gentle to yourself and heal completely.

You still can vote for the Bash Contests. Hope that there is very little pain.

TonyL

Heal quickly!

I have had 4 on the same shoulder (pitcher in college); I found the physical therapy to help me a lot.

Rounder

Make sure and do the therapy. Surgery is wasted if the therapy is not done. I had the same surgery and very glad I did. Good luck on your healing.

randyrls

To add to the good advice above, ask the physical therapist if doing more than the minimum will help. Often doing more than the minimum will speed healing and you will get stronger sooner, but take the advice of the PT.

Scott

Yes, do the therapy! And mind your doctor. It's not something you want to have to do again just because you don't follow instructions. Mine was like five years ago, and it is still doing great!!

Scott.

Finatic

I'll be interested in your recovery as I go for a cat scan next week and then have to make a decision when I'll have the same surgery. Wish you a speedy recovery. NETFLIX is your friend.

JD Combs Sr

Had my right shoulder done in July. It is doing great as compared to the before. Still get up in the mornings with a little stiffness and a little pain but it passes once I get going. I had a burr on the underside of my right collar bone that was scratching/cutting into one of my rotor cuffs. Doc said it was cut 90% through. He cut it the rest of the way cleaned the ends and sutured them back together. Lots of physical therapy later, it feels pretty good so as someone else mention do what the doctor and therapist say and you will be fine in about 6 months.

Oh, you poor boy! I had mine done last January. Sounds like the same kind of injury as yours. In the middle of therapy (about 6 weeks post surgery) I was convinced it was a very bad decision. Now I'm not a sissie (I don't think) but after the nerve block wore off there was an extended period (weeks) where I was immobilized by pain. Hope your experience is better but I hear mine was typical.

But the good news is it WILL get better. The p-therapy was a godsend in disguise. Stick with it and do your homework! I'll never pitch in the majors but the pain is gone, I sleep at night, I can throw a ball to the dog and play catch with my grandsons.

Oh - and this is your chance to watch a lot of YouTube videos. I mean a LOT.

Last edited:

LanceD

I'm three weeks into mine and started physical therapy at the ten day mark.
Not a fun surgery. But, it seems to get a little better each day. Lots of ice is your best friend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom