Rollerball Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I have a customer, an office machine store, that is interested in purchasing rollerball refills. The regular prices for Schmidt from CSUSA and Hauser from BB are kind of high if they're going to resell them. Haven't there been group purchases of these in the past? Assuming the price is good, I would be willing to run a group purchase on Schmidt refills if there's interest. But, I don't know who to purchase them from.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Careful Gerry.

As an office copier dealer, I can buy from numerous "Industry sources" that may charge more than a group buy. BUT, they are packaged for resale!!! If you get a bunch of Schmidt refills in one pouch, how will your friend SELL them???

Just a thought!

gerryr

Ed, I have no idea how they would sell them. They claim they can't find German made rollerball refills and have some customers asking for them. I have to deliver some pens there today so I'll ask if they care that they would just be loose, not in a fancy package.

Dario

Contact Tangboy5000 (Charles). He did a groupbuy for Schmidt RB refills a few months back. I know it came out really cheap but he had some problems dealing with Schmidt (yes directly) being in Germany.

Good luck!!!

alamocdc

This is only slightly off topic, but I made a discovery last night. The gel refill from a Pilot G2 fits our rollerball pens. The length is the same, but the nib diameter is just a fraction larger. This means that it won't extend all the way through the nib assembly of the pen, but it extends enough so that it looks natural.

LanceD

I have been using the Pilot G2 refills for Barons for several months now and IMO they are a lot better than the Hauser refills that come with the Barons. The Hausers seem to work fine for a couple of days then they start to skip and then quit working after a while.

Lance

Randy_

I have been using the Sanford uni-ball Gel IMPACT RT refil in place of the Schmidt ceramic rollerball cartridge. The tip sticks out of the nib about 1.5 mm more than the Schmidt cartridge. A difference that most folks will never notice. But if it does bother you, you can cut a 1.5 mm length off the other end of the cartridge and slip it around the tip as a bushing. For my own use, I leave the bushing loose; but it would probably be smart to glue it into the nib if you were selling the pen. I like these cartridges better than the Schmidt because I can find med. and broad tips. The kits come with fine or x-fine tips.

Randy_

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />This is only slightly off topic, but I made a discovery last night. The gel refill from a Pilot G2 fits our rollerball pens. The length is the same, but the nib diameter is just a fraction larger. This means that it won't extend all the way through the nib assembly of the pen, but it extends enough so that it looks natural.

Billy: I wonder if you drill out a bit of the nib (like Scott does in his pencil conversions) whether you could get the G2 tip to extend exactly like it is supposed to??

alamocdc

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />This is only slightly off topic, but I made a discovery last night. The gel refill from a Pilot G2 fits our rollerball pens. The length is the same, but the nib diameter is just a fraction larger. This means that it won't extend all the way through the nib assembly of the pen, but it extends enough so that it looks natural.

Billy: I wonder if you drill out a bit of the nib (like Scott does in his pencil conversions) whether you could get the G2 tip to extend exactly like it is supposed to??
Yep, I'm certain of it. I've drilled out 7mm nib assemblies to accept a Parker refill and this should be a smaller adjustment than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom