Robert Frost Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrc

Attention to woodturners in the New England area. In Shaftsbury Vermont a gray birch tree at the Robert Frost Stonehouse Museum blew down the first of May and was one of the trees he planted. There is still wood left for anyone that would like some in return something made from the wood for the museum to sell. There is some branches and large pieces of the trunk left. Birch decays quickly. There was an apple tree came down also and that's available.
Link to the trees. Frost's lost trees

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrc

Frost pens

Just finished

Attachments

• IMG_2195.jpg
    IMG_2195.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 217

mecompco

That is awesome! I, too, would like some. Any chance they might sell cut up blanks, or have someone sell for them, like the Shawshank tree? I'm in Maine, but that's still a bit of a haul. I'd gladly make up a few pens for the museum to sell in return.

magpens

I would be interested in making some pens for the museum to sell.
I'd need to receive the wood by mail .... both birch and apple.
I guess the wood would need to dry for a year or so before turning.

Talltim

I spoke to the museum. They said it is there but they will not ship. So it looks like it is up to our suddenly very good friend JRC to help us out. Would be glad to pay to have some shipped.

jrc

Sorry I can't the trip down again. I'm an old man and can't wrestle a chainsaw cutting up big chunks of wood and cutting it into pieces and shipping it and I've been trying to catch up with orders since last April. sorry I can't do that. I was hoping there was some young bucks in this group close by.

Talltim

Well....sob,sob....I understand... excuse me I have to get a Kleenex...

If anyone does venture there, remember me.

mecompco

Jim, if you decide to part with a blank or two, please do let me know. I've loved Robert Frost since I memorized Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening back in eighth grade.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom