Road Trip from Houston to Quaker City OH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

great12b4ever

My wife and I are planning a trip From Houston, Texas to Quaker City, OH starting July 3rd. We will spend 2-3 days in Quaker City area visiting in-laws, (and gathering wood), and will then make a trip to Wooster, OH for a day or so, before heading back. Our basic route will be going on 59N to Texarkana, then taking 30 to Little Rock, AR, then 40 to Nashville, then north on 65 to Louisville area, then 71 towards Columbus, then 70 to Quaker City. We are NOT under a tight time-frame, and would love to meet/greet some of you either on the way up or way back, and can make side trips off the path a little. We will also be looking for interesting places to check out in the way of woods and turning and pens, especially on the way back. Please let me know if any of y'all will be around up or back, and lets try to get together, even if only for a short time. Also, if ya want to trade wood(s), let me know, as my Silverado will have room to carry to and from! :D:D:D
PS. We can change our route on way back and take 55 out of Memphis and down to I-10 and across. (can even change it more if necessary)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

There is a great woodworking store not too far off your route in Columbus, Ohio. The store is Woodwerks and many famous woodworkers come just to buy wood there. Woodwerks also contains a Rockler store inside.

Let me know if you want directions.

Chris

thewishman

Rob, here is the address and website for Wood Werks. Ron, the owner, is a great guy and a long time woodturner. Charlie, the Rockler guy, is a penturner.

Wood Werks Supply, Inc.
1181 Claycraft Road
Columbus, OH 43230

www.woodwerks.com

Let me know when you are coming through and I may be able to meet you.

Chris

great12b4ever

Chris, I will let you know when I get a better feel for the timing. Right now I am trying to get off work a little earlier on the 2nd so we can head out then instead of Thurs am the 3rd. That will give me more time to visit. :D:D
Thanks for the address. I may have to go there on the way back, as they will probably be closed on the 4th, but don't know about the 5th, Sat. If closed both days, then will check them out on the way back.
Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom