Riding season is upon us

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paintspill

The snow is finally gone here in toronto canada. Anyone else gearing up for the riding season. (the picture is from last year, it's not that warm) I'd love to see what and where your riding. This is my 2002 honda shadow 750 ace.

Attachments

• IMG_00000237.jpg
    IMG_00000237.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom T

Very cool bike and rider. Have fun. Last time I road a bike in Canada it was in 1971. Road up the east coast from Florida. Into Canada, Thought I was in France. Had a great time. I love Canada. That trip it was raining and cold. Came back through Detroit and back to Florida. Sold the bike. Never road again. The few years I did ride was great fun.
I visit Canada often. It is extremely beautiful.

MarkD

I am more than ready to get on the bike. It's been a long cold winter in Pennsylvania.
I have had all kinds of motorcycles starting at the age of 16.
My current ride is a BMW R1200RT which is considered a sport touring bike. It's a great bike for carving the corners or for a week long trip.
I have ridden up and down the east coast from the Florida Keys to Maine.
I'm hoping to take a week long trip to Nova Scotia this summer.
This picture was taken at a place called "The Tail Of The Dragon" near Deals Gap NC. With 318 curves in 11 miles it's considered one of America's top motorcycle and sports car road. It's a great ride!

TailOfTheDragon091313_377126.jpg

I am more than ready to get on the bike. It's been a long cold winter in Pennsylvania.
I have had all kinds of motorcycles starting at the age of 16.
My current ride is a BMW R1200RT which is considered a sport touring bike. It's a great bike for carving the corners or for a week long trip.
I have ridden up and down the east coast from the Florida Keys to Maine.
I'm hoping to take a week long trip to Nova Scotia this summer.
This picture was taken at a place called "The Tail Of The Dragon" near Deals Gap NC. With 318 curves in 11 miles it's considered one of America's top motorcycle and sports car road. It's a great ride!

TailOfTheDragon091313_377126.jpg

I don't ride and have no interest, but love to see the riders out..they bring money to town... I live about 30 miles from Deal's gap and the Dragon's Tail... we live near the south end of the Cherohala Skyway where most of the riders that do the Dragon either start or end up.... yesterday we were over at the "mall" (TP only has a strip mall with CVS, Dollar store, grocer, and few others).. there's a bar-b-que place that stands alone nearby... there must have been 50-75 riders having bar-b-que there.... on a week day... can't wait to see what the weekend brings.

Before he went bust and closed it down, there's an open field on the Cherohala just north of town and next to what is now a Harley store that was set up as an open craft market... I used to set up there every weekend during the summer... we loved to see the riders come through because they almost always stopped...

Whitehat1994

Harley rider

Here we are on our way to the top of Mt Evans in Colorodo last summer.
April 1 I'll be mapping out a couple of rides for Tour of Honor.
2015 Tour of Honor Motorcycle Ride

We slayed the "Dragon"summer before last!
Also it's time for our Texas Bluebonnets, I'll be putting a days ride to photo the wildflowers!
Fortune ly we just about have year round riding here in Central Texas!
Screw it! Lets Ride!
07 HD Road King Classic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Notscottish

Took mine out for a long drive on Wednesday, 50 degrees and sunny. Snowed on Thursday.

Attachments

• 2014-06-22 19.45.36.jpg
    2014-06-22 19.45.36.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 138

ALA

Nice bikes! I try to ride a little through the winter down to about 50 degrees. Have done the dragon and the Blue Ridge Parkway end to end.

bobleibo

my ride

Yay, the weather is finally perfect for riding. This is my rolling couch....Harley Ultra Classic. The wife said either the bike goes or she does....still have the bike~

Attachments

• Harley 1.jpg
    Harley 1.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 140

Sataro

Yay, the weather is finally perfect for riding. This is my rolling couch....Harley Ultra Classic. The wife said either the bike goes or she does....still have the bike~

Understand where you are coming from Bob! While stationed on Okinawa, my ex-wife said if I bought a bike she would leave me. I bought two of them while I was on the island. Going on 30 years with my current wife & life is great. On a side note though, I don't have a bike anymore though...:)

bobleibo

Understand where you are coming from Bob! While stationed on Okinawa, my ex-wife said if I bought a bike she would leave me. I bought two of them while I was on the island. Going on 30 years with my current wife & life is great. On a side note though, I don't have a bike anymore though...:)

O.K. Billy, I can't resist this one......did you buy two bikes so you could hopefully have his-n-hers or did you buy two just in case she didn't see the first one?
Either way, 30 years proves you made a good choice. Congrats!

mtassie

I'm ready, but I ride something a little different, unfortunately I have to wait till May because mud season has started in New Hampshire.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 78

stonepecker

We had high 60's and today hit 70.......The bikes are out and about. They still haven't swept the side streets locally........sand is everywhere. And then the 'new' drivers are trying to impress everyone. Seen one today over by the college area. Canvas shoes, jeans, no shirt dump his crotch rocket.......he did pick up a beautiful case of road rash for his trouble. Just fast enough that it will take a while to heal. Not fast enough to do major harm. I was amazed that he had a helmet on. To many body donors running around here.

Well, ..... Ahem, ....... some of us have a slightly different image in our mind when we hear the word "bike". Here's mine

Note that it's still hanging in the garage. Took it down today for a "20".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 78

bobleibo

Well, ..... Ahem, ....... some of us have a slightly different image in our mind when we hear the word "bike". Here's mine

Note that it's still hanging in the garage. Took it down today for a "20".

Ted
I was waiting for someone to go first......I go both ways also (cycling and motorcycles !). I've been the victim of many long road races. These are pics of a race known as LOTOJA - a 205 mile race that has way too many hills. Just finishing is a beast. Click the link below for some info on this years' upcoming race. Most folks who do finish usually do it in 10-12 hours - then collapse for a week. Next time you're out in the Rocky's, let's ride!

L O T O J A * 2 0 1 5

Attachments

• LOTOJA.jpg
    LOTOJA.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 95
  • LOTOJA finish.jpg
    LOTOJA finish.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Bob - 205 PLUS hills. Let me think about that one...... Let me think a long time. I've done centuries before, but never a double. Congrats - that's a real ride!

BigNick73

I don't ride and have no interest, but love to see the riders out..they bring money to town... I live about 30 miles from Deal's gap and the Dragon's Tail... we live near the south end of the Cherohala Skyway where most of the riders that do the Dragon either start or end up.... yesterday we were over at the "mall" (TP only has a strip mall with CVS, Dollar store, grocer, and few others).. there's a bar-b-que place that stands alone nearby... there must have been 50-75 riders having bar-b-que there.... on a week day... can't wait to see what the weekend brings.

Before he went bust and closed it down, there's an open field on the Cherohala just north of town and next to what is now a Harley store that was set up as an open craft market... I used to set up there every weekend during the summer... we loved to see the riders come through because they almost always stopped...

I went years ago to a Tour de Tellico (KLR and dual sports not the bicycle ride by the same name) and stayed at a campground, Cherahala Motorcycle Resort, there in Tellico. You live in a really beautiful part of the country and have some really great riding there.

I went years ago to a Tour de Tellico (KLR and dual sports not the bicycle ride by the same name) and stayed at a campground, Cherahala Motorcycle Resort, there in Tellico. You live in a really beautiful part of the country and have some really great riding there.

I fell in love with this place just driving down the highway between Madisonville and Tellico Plains... we were up visiting my step daughter in Cleveland, TN and just touring... decided right then that this was where I wanted to retire... that was in 2001... we made 5 trips back up from Houston over that year and the following year looking for property... we bought in 2002 over Thanksgiving weekend, but didn't get to move up here until Oct of 2005...

bobleibo

Bob - 205 PLUS hills. Let me think about that one...... Let me think a long time. I've done centuries before, but never a double. Congrats - that's a real ride!

Where I live, no matter which direction you go, you'll be riding up or down hills. Did I mention that I hate hills??? I've done that race 3 times and keep saying never again...... until next year. The first big climb on LOTOJA is about 2,700 ft in about 21 miles and not a flat spot to be found. Once you make that, the ride down the other side is a hoot, just hang on tight.
C'mon out, we can go for a practice run ......
Cheers

Top Bottom