Requests for your thoughts and prayers:update11/10

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Vey

My wife and I found out last Friday afternoon that she major blockages of her coronary arteries and needs a quadruple by-pass surgery asap. This will happen tomorrow morning. Please, pray for her and keep her in your thoughts tomorrow. I will update you how things are going.
Thank you all!

BTW, her name is Wendy.

Update 11/2/05:
Just got back from the hospital, where I spend about over 9 hours today.
The doctor said the operation went well, she is now in ICU and will not wake up before early morning. I thank you all for your fine support and hope I can speak with her first thing tomorrow morning when she wakes up. The technology they have nowadays in hospitals is just mindblowing. We are glad to have one of the top heart/cardiac/thoracic centers of the USA right here in Detroit.

Update 11/3/05:
she is off the ventilator/respirator, some of the drainage tubes are already removed, she is in stable, fair condition now. I was with her in the ICU from 11 am to 6 pm, only thing is (and this is pretty clear if one imagines the operation she went through) that she is in a lot of pain. Hopefully she is going to a room tomorrow, and maybe home on Monday.
Thanks again for all your support.

Update 11/9/05:
Well she is still in the hospital! But she is doing better and we hope she might come home this coming Friday or Saturday. After she was brought to the normal hospital floor, she had breathing problems the night from last Friday to Saturday and she ended up in the ICU. What happened was that there was some fluid in her chest cavity and her right lung had partially collapsed. Yesterday she came back into a normal hospital room. I walked with her about 200 feet in the hall way, and this did quite exhaust her. This was her second walk today, the first time she walked with two PT nurses. Tomorrow we will double the distance, then steps on Friday and if all goes well she is home latest by Saturday. Thank God we have a ranch style house with only two steps to get into it.
Thanks again for all your support!

11/10/05:
She is home!!! Got a call this morning at work, she was telling me that everyone involved thinks she is just doing great and that she should go home. Picked her up and brought her here. She is in bed now and our two dogs are happy, too. She is a bit exhausted now and must get some rest.
Thank you all for your support during this last two weeks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Best wishes to her for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! If it is any consolation, my grandfather had this procedure the year I was born (1970), and was among the first in the country to receive it. The docs told him at that time he'd have 6 months or so - he passed away about five years ago (much more than 6 months), and smoked quite a few cigarretes a day up until the end.

Ron Mc

Rudy,
My family and I will add you and your wife to our prayers.
God Bless,

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Rudy,

Certainly you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

If it helps, I have a co-worker (heavy smoker) who went through this about 5 years ago-he was back to work in THREE DAYS!! Since then, his health has been much better. I sincerely hope your wife recovers equally easily!!

Have faith!

cigarman

I underwent five by-passes almost five years ago. The procedure is fairly easy now, just follow the Drs. orders when she is released. Some walking for excersice and a breathing excersice. We will pray for her quick recovery.

53Jim

My wife AND mother have gone through this surgery. As was said before, follow the doctors orders after she gets home, and everything should be a preverbial peice of cake.

Hoping for a speedy, and painless, recovery.

JimGo

Rudy,
I can't say I'm surprised that she's in pain; it WAS an operation! I had ear surgery a few years ago, and that hurt like crazy. Her's was much more invasive, and I would expect it to be more painful too. But it sounds like she's doing well, and that's all that matters!

Rudy, I missed the original post but know that oyu both will be in my prayers for healing and recuperation. May God who created us also knit her back together.

wayneis

Rudy I'm so happy that Wendy is home and feeling better. Tell her to keep on feeling better because hospitals are just no damn fun at all, I speak from a lot of experence.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom