Requesting lathe time, Waco TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AWLogue

Hey everyone!

I'm a student at Baylor University. While I've been down here this semester, I've gotten a few requests. Unfortunately I wasn't able to transport my lathe this semester, and Baylor's wood lathe is reserved for sculpture majors. Is anyone in the Waco area willing to let me turn a few kits? I have my own wood, kits, and finishing supplies excluding micromesh pads.

Please let me know if we can work something out!

-Aaron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Emery

Hey everyone!

I'm a student at Baylor University. While I've been down here this semester, I've gotten a few requests. Unfortunately I wasn't able to transport my lathe this semester, and Baylor's wood lathe is reserved for sculpture majors. Is anyone in the Waco area willing to let me turn a few kits? I have my own wood, kits, and finishing supplies excluding micromesh pads.

-Aaron

I'm moving to SW Ft. Worth in two weeks. You are welcome in my shop after I get set up.

AWLogue

Thank you for the offer! Unfortunately, Ft. Worth is too far of a trip during finals week, which is during the week you'll be moving down.

I'm looking for somewhere within ~30min of Waco.

Kenny Durrant

I'm going to assume that if Ft. Worth is too far you might think East Dallas is to. Although Sachse is a much better place maybe that would be icing on the cake to make you want to make the trip. Let me know if you would like to get together to do some turning.

AAron,
Can't offer you his lathe, and I don't know his schedule, he is a school teacher, but we have a member just outside Corsicana... that's not too far from Waco...

And we have two members in Waco... search the membership list under location for Waco... you might try a PM to them.

AWLogue

I'm going to assume that if Ft. Worth is too far you might think East Dallas is to. Although Sachse is a much better place maybe that would be icing on the cake to make you want to make the trip. Let me know if you would like to get together to do some turning.

East Dallas would also be too far in my current situation. Thank you for the offer!

AAron,
Can't offer you his lathe, and I don't know his schedule, he is a school teacher, but we have a member just outside Corsicana... that's not too far from Waco...

And we have two members in Waco... search the membership list under location for Waco... you might try a PM to them.

Corsicana is a bit far, but thank you for the suggestion. I'm rather limited when it comes to transportation right now.

I searched the member database and sent a few people PMs, but got no responses. Only one person listed under Waco has been active in either 2015 and 2016.

How much time are you looking for? When are you thinking?

I'm looking for enough time to turn about 6 Sierras. As for when, I'd prefer on a weekend.

I should also note that my primary mode of transportation is a bike. I have a few friends with cars who may be willing to drive me to somewhere within ~30min of Baylor, but I'm not likely to be able to travel outside of that.

Last edited:

its_virgil

Brazo Valley Woodturners is the AAW club in Waco.
Brazos Valley Woodturners :: Contacts
Contact them via their contact page.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hey everyone!

-Aaron

AWLogue

Charlie_W

Aaron,
The tv show "Fixer Upper" , that remodels houses there in Waco, use the services do a local guy named Clint who is in Waco. He makes tables, cabinets, etc. and does have a lathe in his shop.
Show host Chip Gaines (and wife Joanna ) is a Baylor guy and they have done shows featuring Baylor folks.

Maybe you can hook up with Clint. They all seem to be genuine folks who would be willing to help someone if they could.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained....good luck!

Top Bottom