Requesting lathe time, Waco TX - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members
 
Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.


Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2016, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hollidaysburg, PA
Posts: 70
Photos: 13

Exclamation Requesting lathe time, Waco TX

Hey everyone!

I'm a student at Baylor University. While I've been down here this semester, I've gotten a few requests. Unfortunately I wasn't able to transport my lathe this semester, and Baylor's wood lathe is reserved for sculpture majors. Is anyone in the Waco area willing to let me turn a few kits? I have my own wood, kits, and finishing supplies excluding micromesh pads.

Please let me know if we can work something out!

-Aaron
AWLogue is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-19-2016, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 88
Photos: 0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWLogue View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm a student at Baylor University. While I've been down here this semester, I've gotten a few requests. Unfortunately I wasn't able to transport my lathe this semester, and Baylor's wood lathe is reserved for sculpture majors. Is anyone in the Waco area willing to let me turn a few kits? I have my own wood, kits, and finishing supplies excluding micromesh pads.

Please let me know if we can work something out!

-Aaron
I'm moving to SW Ft. Worth in two weeks. You are welcome in my shop after I get set up.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hollidaysburg, PA
Posts: 70
Photos: 13

Default

Thank you for the offer! Unfortunately, Ft. Worth is too far of a trip during finals week, which is during the week you'll be moving down.

I'm looking for somewhere within ~30min of Waco.
AWLogue is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sachse Tx. 75048
Posts: 841
Photos: 0

Default

I'm going to assume that if Ft. Worth is too far you might think East Dallas is to. Although Sachse is a much better place maybe that would be icing on the cake to make you want to make the trip. Let me know if you would like to get together to do some turning.
Kenny Durrant is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tellico Plains, Tennessee, USA.
Posts: 6,999
Photos: 1

Default

AAron,
Can't offer you his lathe, and I don't know his schedule, he is a school teacher, but we have a member just outside Corsicana... that's not too far from Waco...

And we have two members in Waco... search the membership list under location for Waco... you might try a PM to them.
__________________
Chuck
Tellico Plains, TN
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings

If you look for trouble, it will find you!
TellicoTurning is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-20-2016, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belton, TX 76513
Posts: 1,992
Photos: 0

Default

How much time are you looking for? When are you thinking?
__________________
Rick Beckham
Belton, TX
beck3906 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hollidaysburg, PA
Posts: 70
Photos: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Durrant View Post
I'm going to assume that if Ft. Worth is too far you might think East Dallas is to. Although Sachse is a much better place maybe that would be icing on the cake to make you want to make the trip. Let me know if you would like to get together to do some turning.
East Dallas would also be too far in my current situation. Thank you for the offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellicoTurning View Post
AAron,
Can't offer you his lathe, and I don't know his schedule, he is a school teacher, but we have a member just outside Corsicana... that's not too far from Waco...

And we have two members in Waco... search the membership list under location for Waco... you might try a PM to them.
Corsicana is a bit far, but thank you for the suggestion. I'm rather limited when it comes to transportation right now.

I searched the member database and sent a few people PMs, but got no responses. Only one person listed under Waco has been active in either 2015 and 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck3906 View Post
How much time are you looking for? When are you thinking?
I'm looking for enough time to turn about 6 Sierras. As for when, I'd prefer on a weekend.



I should also note that my primary mode of transportation is a bike. I have a few friends with cars who may be willing to drive me to somewhere within ~30min of Baylor, but I'm not likely to be able to travel outside of that.

Last edited by AWLogue; 04-21-2016 at 10:39 AM.
AWLogue is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-22-2016, 05:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belton, TX 76513
Posts: 1,992
Photos: 0

Default

I live n Belton about 40 miles from Waco. I can arrange time on a weekend if you can get here. Maybe next weekend is better.
__________________
Rick Beckham
Belton, TX
beck3906 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-22-2016, 07:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
its_virgil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
Posts: 6,793
Photos: 74

Default

Brazo Valley Woodturners is the AAW club in Waco.
Brazos Valley Woodturners :: Contacts
Contact them via their contact page.
Do a good turn daily!
Don



Quote:
Originally Posted by AWLogue View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm a student at Baylor University. While I've been down here this semester, I've gotten a few requests. Unfortunately I wasn't able to transport my lathe this semester, and Baylor's wood lathe is reserved for sculpture majors. Is anyone in the Waco area willing to let me turn a few kits? I have my own wood, kits, and finishing supplies excluding micromesh pads.

Please let me know if we can work something out!

-Aaron
__________________
Don Ward aka its_virgil
Wichita Falls, Texas
www.RedRiverPens.com
www.RedRiverPens.com/articles (pen stuff I've written)
its_virgil is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-22-2016, 04:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hollidaysburg, PA
Posts: 70
Photos: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck3906 View Post
I live n Belton about 40 miles from Waco. I can arrange time on a weekend if you can get here. Maybe next weekend is better.
Thank you for the offer! I'll check with a few friends to see if that could be arranged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_virgil View Post
Brazo Valley Woodturners is the AAW club in Waco.
Brazos Valley Woodturners :: Contacts
Contact them via their contact page.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
I just sent them a message! Thank you for the information.
AWLogue is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
lathe , needed , texas , waco

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

Content Copyright © 2003-2016 by Penturners.org, LLC; All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Service   Acceptable Use Policy