Replaced My Wife's Ipad Glass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Well, she got it for her birthday last October. And just before Valentines day it fell off her lap and hit the hardwood floor. It broke the glass. I thought, surely, she isn't the only person to do this. So I did some research. Found out you could buy replacement glass. So I did. And it WORKED! Not to toot my own horn but ... TOOT TOOT!

Now a disclaimer. I have been working on hardware (computer) for 20 years. I have disassembled laptops just so see how they work. I have replaced power jacks, hard drives, optical drives and more on them too. I would not call myself an expert but I would call myself advanced. I also had some help from YouTube. YMMV

Regardless, I paid $60 and I am sure it would have been well over $100 to send it off and get fixed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Simplex

Well, she got it for her birthday last October. And just before Valentines day it fell off her lap and hit the hardwood floor. It broke the glass. I thought, surely, she isn't the only person to do this. So I did some research. Found out you could buy replacement glass. So I did. And it WORKED! Not to toot my own horn but ... TOOT TOOT!

Now a disclaimer. I have been working on hardware (computer) for 20 years. I have disassembled laptops just so see how they work. I have replaced power jacks, hard drives, optical drives and more on them too. I would not call myself an expert but I would call myself advanced. I also had some help from YouTube. YMMV

Regardless, I paid $60 and I am sure it would have been well over $100 to send it off and get fixed.

Easily! I had to replace my iPhone glass twice. Each time I was able to do it for $12. If I had taken it to Apple or any "professional" to do the work I would have been out $50-$200. You definitely need patience and an aversion to risk, though.

RussFromNH

Otter Box makes a great case for the iPad.

I am in IT... Great job...

Russ From NH
Vice President, Information Technology :)

leehljp

Member Liaison
TOOT TOOT!

Congratulations! I know the feeling. I have done similar things computer wise in switching out parts. But I started with building tube radios from schematics back in the early 60s. I'm getting old.

Top Bottom