Reason #1 that I wish spring would come early.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Notscottish

Just bought this in the middle of a snowstorm, riding season seems even further away now...

Attachments

• indian.jpg
    indian.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Our weather has been unusual this year with very little snow so far. Yesterday we saw a guy with a passenger on his bike on the highway! It was about 45 degrees out!

Notscottish

At 45 degrees, I would do a short ride but now that the snow is here, it will be several weeks before riding is an option.

Our weather has been unusual this year with very little snow so far. Yesterday we saw a guy with a passenger on his bike on the highway! It was about 45 degrees out!

TimS124

Nice looking bike! I sold my old R1150GS just before moving to the east coast a few months ago. Hoping to pick up something next later this year. I miss the cruiser I started with but might opt for a trike this time (just to try something different).

bobleibo

Peter
Sweet ride but why do you torture yourself like that, buy a bike just in time to park it in the garage and stare at it for a few months. Full disclosure: I did the same thing last Oct....ugh~
Here's to some great road trips this year. First on my agenda is a trek through Colorado again, just beautiful country!
Ride safe
Bob

Notscottish

February is a good bargaining month for motorcycles. I look forward to some long trips as well this summer. Last year we did the Maine to Nova Scotia loop, it was beautiful. doing something similar this year.

Peter
Sweet ride but why do you torture yourself like that, buy a bike just in time to park it in the garage and stare at it for a few months. Full disclosure: I did the same thing last Oct....ugh~
Here's to some great road trips this year. First on my agenda is a trek through Colorado again, just beautiful country!
Ride safe
Bob

Notscottish

Just bought this in the middle of a snowstorm, riding season seems even further away now...

When you do get out, can I expect you down my way to ride the Dragon??:biggrin:

This year's destinations look like the Canadian maritime provinces and maybe a trip to Wisconsin and Iowa. I would like to see Tennessee some time but not sure it can be this year.

sbwertz

Peter
Ride safe
Bob

Utah has some spectacular drives, too! My dad had a 1958 BSA 650 Golden Flash twin when I was a teenager. Loved that bike. I don't know if BSA still makes motorcycles or not.

Last edited:

Bikerdad

Been there, got the roadsign, it is some great riding. Looking forward to when I can ride it again, although in truth I enjoyed the Cherahola (sp?) Skyway more. Most of my riding experience is in the arid West, so the limited sightlines on The Dragon weren't exactly to my liking. I'm fine with the twists and turns, it's not being able to see around ANY of them. Hereabouts, the rider can see across most of the inside turns, few dense walls of trees and shrubbery.

Any riders who want some company while riding 'round and aboot the intermountain West, feel free to PM me.

bobleibo

Peter
Ride safe
Bob

Utah has some spectacular drives, too! My dad had a 1958 BSA 650 Golden Flash twin when I was a teenager. Loved that bike. I don't know if BSA still makes motorcycles or not.

You are absolutely right about that Sharon. Somewhat along the same lines as the books you wrote on cooking, my friend's husband wrote a book called Ride Utah http://www.amazon.com/Ride-Utah-Dave-Magdiel/dp/0615775241 that has quite a few. Arizona and Utah share one character trait though, all of the scenery is desert. Trees are nice too.

Been there, got the roadsign, it is some great riding. Looking forward to when I can ride it again, although in truth I enjoyed the Cherahola (sp?) Skyway more. Most of my riding experience is in the arid West, so the limited sightlines on The Dragon weren't exactly to my liking. I'm fine with the twists and turns, it's not being able to see around ANY of them. Hereabouts, the rider can see across most of the inside turns, few dense walls of trees and shrubbery.

Any riders who want some company while riding 'round and aboot the intermountain West, feel free to PM me.

I'm always up for meeting new folks to ride with, especially if they are IAP riders. I think there are more IAP riders than we know.

Stay in touch John~

Last edited:

I'm not a rider, but did go over the Dragon in my car ONCE... like you prefer the Cherohala, plus it's closer to me than the Dragon. ( I live just 6 miles from where it starts.)
We lose two or three riders per summer up on the Dragon... a lot of the Crotch rocket riders that want to see how fast they can go over it... the blind curves can be real killers.

Top Bottom