Really? Think your pen is expensive?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Simple Marketing. If you offer it to enough people someone will buy it. Looks like from the delivery time frame that they are made when they sell. All it takes is someone that Trusts Sears and doesnt know the alternatives.

jttheclockman

Venue will only get you in the door. Pens do not sell themselves. Being a good salesperson is also a key factor. In this case i think the Sears name is the driving force. How many do they sell is another thing. You can ask anything you want but are they selling.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Surprise! Surprise!

Why would anyone think this is unusual? I think it just shows that "custom pen makers" like us IAP members are not necessarily the first place people look for gifts. There are a lot of people who go shopping for gifts who don't really know what they want, they get "inspired" when they see something and in my opinion they are as likely to shop at Sears as anywhere. And as expensive pens run $760 is a long way from top of the line.

Big name pen makers like Mont Blanc, Tibaldi, Omas and others sell much more expensive pens.

Mortalis

I can't help but think this is a case of a decimal point in the wrong place. Even this is a bit extreme for Sears.
I can see $76.00 but not $760.00

jttheclockman

These are both added in October of this year. I wonder who is making them for Sears??? Also would be interesting to know if they sold any.

Did a little checking around and the company name is New E . It looks like they sell products by the case so these are probably case prices. Do not know how many in a case. But I see all kinds of products and they are by the case. May explain it so we all can relax some. They sell 4 pack pencils for $700 too:)

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
These are both added in October of this year. I wonder who is making them for Sears??? Also would be interesting to know if they sold any.

Did a little checking around and the company name is New E . It looks like they sell products by the case so these are probably case prices. Do not know how many in a case. But I see all kinds of products and they are by the case. May explain it so we all can relax some. They sell 4 pack pencils for $700 too:)
John they are listed as "goldia" which is a company that has over 14000 products for sale in various venues from prices in the couple of dollars to several thousand dollars range.

CREID

Ok, so I clicked on the link and viewed the pen. Now it shows up in a sponsored ad on my facebook page. Does this mean I have to buy it now?

Curt

steamshovel

I saw a picture of a pen that sold for SIT DOWN $125,000.00. It was solid gold and had some very nice rubies and diamonds and other pricy gems. I heard of a pen that sold for over a million dollars at one of those fancy places in NY. On the news a few days ago someone over seas bought a 44 million ring for his 7 year old daughter. Cheap so and so, I would of bought one for each hand for all three of my daughters.

Preston

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I saw a picture of a pen that sold for SIT DOWN $125,000.00. It was solid gold and had some very nice rubies and diamonds and other pricy gems. I heard of a pen that sold for over a million dollars at one of those fancy places in NY. On the news a few days ago someone over seas bought a 44 million ring for his 7 year old daughter. Cheap so and so, I would of bought one for each hand for all three of my daughters.

Preston
Google most expensive pens in the world and you'll see a few even more expensive than that.

jttheclockman

Preston
Google most expensive pens in the world and you'll see a few even more expensive than that.

Top 10 Most Expensive Pens in The World 2015

jttheclockman

John they are listed as "goldia" which is a company that has over 14000 products for sale in various venues from prices in the couple of dollars to several thousand dollars range.

Sold by Media Mogul

Skie_M

OK ... you guys can relax now. :)

Sears.com allows you to view items sold and shipped by companies OTHER THAN SEARS. They do it as a courtesy to allow shoppers to find what they are looking for, even if Sears doesn't sell it themselves.

It's a marketing tactic to take advantage of the online search and sales engine that can allow businesses to compete with ebay and amazon in terms of item variety. Unfortunately, there's no real filter in place to keep stupidity out, like those obviously overpriced items.

I'm thinking the fool who priced those did so just to make sure that people would stop to LOOK, but wouldn't buy them, in order to show off his work but not actually sell it.

edit- the reason I happen to know about their search and sales engine... I spent 2 months searching online to try to find a store locally that sold MT#1 attachments for my mini wood lathe, and over and over it kept listing Sears, but my local Sears carries NOTHING in the way of lathes, tools, or attachments. I finally hashed out an argument with their manager over why in the hell they would advertise something as being "in stock" when it can't be found in the store, and he had to make a few quick phone calls after staring in disbelief at his in-store browsing computer catalog that showed the same "errors". Sears is selling for other small companies through their websites, but they were listing their (other companies) stock on hand as being in-stock at local stores by mistake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom