Re-introduction and Apology

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pen-turners

All,
Just wanted to say hello again. As some of you may know, I have not posted in about 5 months due to an ongoing battle with a number of different problems. I have actually spent more time in the hospital than not in the last few months. Long story short, almost lost all motion in my legs due to my spine going out of alignment and pinching off my spinal chord. Was a very scary experience. I was actually out at sea on a submarine when it happened and let me tell you - those are not easy to get off in a hurry!!!! Since then, I've got more hardware in my back than the local Home Depot but am feeling almost back to 100%.
I also wanted to take the time to sincerely apologize to Ryan. Shortly before my surgery we involved in a trade. I did not fulfill my half of the bargain. This was caused by a combination of both my injury and the medications I was on. I was basically non-coherant for the last 5 months. Ryan - all I can say is that I have not been myself lately and now that everything is back to normal, I would like you to contact me so I can live up to my end of the trade plus some. I have a package set aside for you and will send it as soon as I hear from you. Again, I am sorry for the delay and the bad experience I passed on to you.

On another note, I'm glad to be back and am looking forward to catching up on some of the techniques everyone has been working on. Looks like everyone has come along way since I last checked. Some of the new stuff is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to try it. Just ordered a pin chuck from Fangar and want to try some close ended Barons. We'll see how the back holds up. I have my lathe mounted in a pretty strange position to allow me to turn without bending over. Wish me luck!!!!

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryannmphs

Chris,
Welcome back. Glad to hear you are doing better. Hope you get back to 100% soon.

Ryan (not the one involved in the trade, I think [:)])

JimGo

Chris, we were all worried about you. Glad to hear you've pulled through, and I hope you continue with your recent recovery success!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Chris,

The Navy makes tough guys,and gals since my wife is a DTCS(SCW). Glad to hear you are on the mend. I'm sure you can get lots of advice on how to set up a lathe to accommodate your back. I never had the never to try a sub, but spent two years on the old Saratoga CV60 many years ago. Now get to the shop and start catching up.

tipusnr

Sorry to hear about your trials but I'm glad you're recovering. Hope things continue to improve for you. Do you know if you'll be able to return to full duty yet?

Take care shipmate...PNC(SW) W. R. Tippery, USNR(RET)

Scott

Chris!

It's great to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your back! Ouch! Are you going to get back to active duty? Take care!

Scott.

melogic

Welcome back Chris! Sorry to hear about all of your health issues but glad to see you are getting well. In case you forgot, we like pictures! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of some of your new work when you get back in the shop.

Ryan

Well guy's I have to be honest with you I was glad Chris was not coming around anymore. This has always been a safe and honest sight to buy, sale, and trade. When this trade did not happen I had to send some pretty harsh email's which is not like me, but I did not want someone who was not going to keep their commitments on this sight giving it a bad name.[:(!]

NOW, haveing said that and now knowing the extreme circumstances that Chris was in I accept your apology and say WELCOME BACK![:I] No I am not going to get all mushy.

I knew that you were having some back problems but did not know they were to this extent. As I have said in my prior emails I hope you do get better soon. Your health is more important than wood or pens or anything else. I will send you an email with my address, and thanks for making good on your word.

Ryan

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom