Radial Arm Saws

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rb765

I've been looking to replace my old table saw and have seen a lot of older Craftsman radial arm saws for sale. These saws are being recalled because they do not have a full blade guard. If you have one of these and want to get replacement parts, or if you want to get rid of it, contact the Emerson Tool Company for information. They can be reached through www.radialarmsawrecall.com .

When my dad passed, I had to clear out the garage and find homes for some of his tools including a broken down radial arm saw with bad bearings. They bought it back from me for $100, which was $75 more than it was worth. You call them, they tell you if they have parts, if not, they send you a postage paid box to send them the headstock, and they send you a check. Takes about 2 weeks total.

rjwolfe3

Thanks for letting us know, I have one that I got used and am going to look into this. Of course I overpaid for mine but didn't know what a good price was.

Brewmeister35

I have one of the saws listed on the recall. The way I understood it, with some models (mine included), they send you an update which consists of a new table, handle, and guard for free. The new handle has a trigger that raises and lowers the new guard. Some models were not upgradeable and were being given the cash in exchange for the headstock. Basically, you go to the site, enter your model and serial #'s, and they send you the kit or the box for the refund.

rjwolfe3

I think I have one that is upgradeable and they are sending me something which is cool. I just wish I hadn't paid so much for it, the saw that is, the upgrade was free.

Top Bottom