Quick segmented band for pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Look forward to seeing it. Spectraply has many different uses and with so many brite colors you can really come up with some nice projects. I ordered some spectraply panels when the first sale with the pen blanks showed up because I got a 10% off thing. Have to say I was disappointed in the product though. A couple of the panels were warped and the dimensions on others were not true. I am in the process of trying to salvage some of it and see if I can pull off the project. If I can I will say this it was an expensive learning experience that I will skip in the future. :rolleyes:

Buying the smaller blocks seems to be more accurate. Not sure why that is.

sbwertz

Unfortunately, I delivered it before I got a picture, but I plan to do it again and I will post pictures. I needed this one in a hurry, and didn't take time to photograph it before delivering it. (She wanted it for a birthday party that afternoon.) I used the hot pink and black striped spectraply, cutting it so that there was a pink stripe in the middle with a black stripe on each side. This blank is one of the ones with the double width stripes, so it was very effective.

A word of warning...make sure the wood you are segmenting it into is pretty hard. I was using a pretty soft wood (aspen) and had to be very careful because the band was much harder. It wanted to catch. I wanted a very white wood because she wanted it dyed pink, but the pink spectraply blank was too bright for her. So I dyed the aspen, which is a very white wood (I'm out of holly) and put the one bright pink stripe in it for accent. She was really happy with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom